5am .....

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Sick of the sight of it!

He's not hungry, he just wants to play

7:30 now - i have tried ignoring him, giving him his dummy, feedin him and even let him have a little play. He's shattered! And so am I. He has fallen asleep about 20 times (not exaggerating) but wakes as soon a he loses his dummy or I dare to move

If someone finds my sanity can you please return it to me?

Hard to be mad at this face tho
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369031682.846663.jpg

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

James is a 5am baby! 4:45 this morning actually.

He came in with me until 6:15 but I don't really go back to sleep, I kind of doze!

It's been like this for weeks and it's getting to me. I am wrecked and my mojo has gone AWOL.

Like Aaron James doesn't want a feed. He will wake at 5am and not even start showing signs of wanting a bottle until 7am.

I'm going to try some different nappies today as he wakes up with bulging (wet) nappies so I wonder if that wakes him?

Luckily he is is the cutest, sweetest, happiest little morning baby though!!

xxxxxxxxx

I'm right there with you at 5am ladies. William is convinced it's playtime, I'm convinced it sleep time!
I've tried blacking out his window even more to convince his it's still night time but he's having none of it. I'm absolutely knackered, I work 3 evenings a week and don't get to bed until almost 1am on those nights. OH keeps saying he doesn't understand why I'm so tired all the time :shock: twat I don't see him getting up 4 times to do the dummy run and the getting up at 5am! Anyone know a good hitman?

T used to be wake anytime between 4-5am, not really sure why but the last three nights he's woken at 7! Again I'm not sure why the change but I'm hoping it stays!
X

Well Ethan thought playtime was at 2:30 this morning! And didn't decide he actually wanted to sleep until 5:30am :shock: and even then, it was only for an hour!
Shattered is an understatement!! Xx

same here kinda. Destiny wakes up between 5:30 and 6 no matter what time she goes to bed. We have had to put her to bed at 5:30 so she gets at least 12 hours per night. She will go back to sleep around 11am for an hour and thats it.

James is a 5am baby! 4:45 this morning actually.

He came in with me until 6:15 but I don't really go back to sleep, I kind of doze!

It's been like this for weeks and it's getting to me. I am wrecked and my mojo has gone AWOL.

Like Aaron James doesn't want a feed. He will wake at 5am and not even start showing signs of wanting a bottle until 7am.

I'm going to try some different nappies today as he wakes up with bulging (wet) nappies so I wonder if that wakes him?

Luckily he is is the cutest, sweetest, happiest little morning baby though!!

xxxxxxxxx

Aaron is the same with his nappies, e was waking up wet through. I changed his nappies and although he's not soaked through now his nappies are till very wet.

Up until last night he was getting up at 1am too!

I have blackout curtains in his room but I'm going to pick up a blackout blind too, as his too. Is very bright. If that fails I'm painting g his pretty yellow walls black!

He's not very good with a dummy, he loses it quite easy. He was falling asleep with his dummy this morning but by the time I got back to my room he had lost it and was awake again and that game got boring very quickly!

I just need some (unbroken) sleep

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

I haven't slept for about 9 months! I was a bit of an insomniac for the last few months of being preggers... gosh if I knew then what I know now!!

James normally spits dummy out soon after falling asleep and some nights won't need it until the early hours. On a few occasions he's gone to whole night without it, I pop it back in at 5am when he comes in with me.

We've not tried blackout blinds, I am waiting for someone to take me to IKEA to get some.

I am hoping the nappies make a difference?

I feel so ungrateful as James is a very well behaved baby but I am so tired and I am suffering physically too... I look rough and I feel pretty crappy too!

xxxxxxx

Omg girls. I feel for you. I struggle with just a few weeks lack of sleep. I couldn't cope for that long Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

We have the most useless blackout blind in the world! Even with curtain as well it still looks like we have Blackpool illuminations outside the window. I've taken to hanging a very thick and heavy rug over the top of the curtain pole in an attempt to block it out. It covers most of the window so it's doing quite well. The first night he slept til almost 7am so I thought we'd cracked it. Then he just went straight back to 5am, gutted! Not sure what else to try?

I haven't slept for about 9 months! I was a bit of an insomniac for the last few months of being preggers... gosh if I knew then what I know now!!

James normally spits dummy out soon after falling asleep and some nights won't need it until the early hours. On a few occasions he's gone to whole night without it, I pop it back in at 5am when he comes in with me.

We've not tried blackout blinds, I am waiting for someone to take me to IKEA to get some.

I am hoping the nappies make a difference?

I feel so ungrateful as James is a very well behaved baby but I am so tired and I am suffering physically too... I look rough and I feel pretty crappy too!

xxxxxxx

I feel your pain, I haven't slept since I was about 12 weeks pregnant :lol:

Aaron doesn't really use a dummy to get to sleep at night, just during the day. He spits it out generally I have to hold it for him to get to sleep. Which this morning worked, till I left the room and he would wake again

The first 3 months of Aarons life I was averaging 2-3 hours of broken sleep a night, between expressing and feeding etc it was near impossible to get any sleep. Then I started cutting down expressing and managed a few more hours.

Recently though its just near impossible to get any sleep. Hubbie can't understand how I'm so tired, but Aaron has sleep apnoea so he makes these horrible "gasping for air" sounds during sleep which wake me up.

Aaron's even had a sleepover at his grans to let us get some sleep - but I didn't sleep a wink! I'm exhausted mentally and physically

Big hugs :hug:

Katie is also a 5am Lady.
Only differance is she does want a feed. So 5am (some times 4:30am) I rush to loo before she starts wimpering before screaming, then change her nappy at which point she just huffs with her hurry up and feed me or I'll wake the house up hehe.

So I then feed and burp her. However she then wantss cuddles and coos and fidgest and giggles until after 6am. Sometimes it's 6:30am before she goes back to sleep but at that point my belly is telly me to fed it or it'll make me poorly so I end up getting up with Katie sounds a sleep again and hubby still not even flinched all this time snoring!

By 9am I've had so many cups of strong tea I'm getting addicted to caffine to stay awake! Fast asleep before 10pm :(

I'm here with you girlies. Finn sleeps well enough but wakes a lot for feeding or cuddles! My fault as I let him. 7 months in and I'm starting to feel it! My hubby doesn't offer up any of his lie ins either!x

I've removed 5am from our clock now - it doesn't exist.

In fact, nothing exists before 7!

Tweety, what size dummy is he having? Jack went onto 6+ month dummies at 12 weeks because he kept dropping them. Worth a go maybe?

Jack's been a 5am-er for weeks now for no apparant reason!! Harry's last night feed is between 3-4am so i am knackered!

Tweety, what size dummy is he having? Jack went onto 6+ month dummies at 12 weeks because he kept dropping them. Worth a go maybe?

Jack's been a 5am-er for weeks now for no apparant reason!! Harry's last night feed is between 3-4am so i am knackered!

I didn't know there were different size dummies :shock: so I have no idea!

Will ahve a look in the shops to see if I can get bigger ones :lol:

Jesus I really am useless sometimes!

Yep I am going to get James some bigger dummies soon!

We had our usual 5am wake-up (he came in with us until 6.15 but I never go back to sleep)

So new nappies didn't make a difference....

xxxxx

Amelie woke up at 4 this morning!! Thankfully she doesn't cry when she wakes up so she turned and tossed in her bed until 5 when she finally fell asleep again. Me on the other hand I didn't get back to sleep until 7 and she got up for the day at 7.30...
Reading all that I think I must consider myself lucky. She sleeps 99% through the night 7-6.30/7 but its enough of a sleepless night for me to really feel for all of you.
When they were newborns It was kind of easier to manage because it was to be expected, somehow sleepless nights at this age catch up with you physically and mentally.
For those that their babies use pacifiers did you consider a sleepytot?
It saved our life and sanity, even if she dosebt want a pacifier at night she will cuddle the bunny and rub with one hand it's ears on her face and with the other hand hold the pacifier lol.

I really don't know how you ladies cope, I would cry if Chloe become a night baby!! When she was a new born her most active time was between 4-6am then she would sleep until 12-1pm, we would have to night feed her lol but that only lasted the first few months. Now she sleeps until 7-7.30am wakes up for a feed drinks 100ml and falls back to sleep for approx 2 hours so can't complain.....she does stay up late though, she goes to sleep around 9-10pm at home and 10-11pm around OH mums (more going on) and at home she sleeps more during the day but fighs sleeping during the day at OH mums

I had to change her dummy size as the new born once kept falling out, she liked the bigger ones straight away....defo give that a try :)

Knowing my luck my lo will start playing up when I go back to work so I will be doing the night shift at home then doing the day shift at work.....plz no! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back