5 weeks pregnant

AP-BABY

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm 31 and 5 weeks pregnant. To be honest, I knew I was pregnant a week after we tried. Very strange. Not sure whether it was psychological but my boobs started to hurt at 3 weeks and I was weeing for Britain around the same time. At 4 weeks I started to develop a dull ache on the lower right hand side. I immediately thought ectopic pregnancy! There wasn't any bleeding or nausea. I went to my usual GP and he said, it's fine it's just your body adjusting. All week (last week) I still had the dull ache on the right hand side and it was constant. My husband and I called NHS Direct, they told me to call the GP who in turn told me to go to A&E and speak to the out of ours emergency doctor (this was yesterday). The emergency doctor was very surprised my GP hadn't referred me given the one sided pain. He proceeded to examine my tummy. He pressed quite firmly but there wasn't any sharp pain - it was more uncomfortable. He did this a few times. As the pain is located on the right hand side he referred me to a gynea who luckily was in the same hospital. After a 3 hour wait for the gynea, I was examined externally and internally. The doctor said that she could not feel anything wrong but that she still could not rule out an ectopic pregnancy! She asked if I had any other symptons i.e. bleeding, nausea etc, I said I didn't - I made it clear that the pain was a dull ache located on the lower right hand side of my tummy. The gynea explained that she was happy to send me home as she didn't feel I needed immediate treatment. She referred me for a scan, which takes place tomorrow :shock: this will determine once and for all whether I really do have an ectopic pregnancy..............am very worried but fingers crossed everything will be OK.

Anyone had any similar symptoms or am I just a weirdo?

yea i had the same thing when i was pregnant with my little girl the did all the same things 2 me at the hospital and couldnt find anything wrong so like you they asked me 2 go back for a scan the next day i was very worried and didnt sleep all night. but when i got there every thing was find i had a couple of small cists on my right ovarie they were just 2 do with all the extra hormoanes you get in the early stages and that is where i was getting the pain it lasted a few more wks at home then at my 12wk scan they had all gone and i didnt have the pain again. hope it is something the same for you try not not worry take care xxxx

Welcome to the Forum :)

How did your scan go? xx

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Sounds very complicated - My ectopic was caught very quickly and certainly wouldn't have been felt - bloods confirmed mine more than a hadful every 48 hours - I know I had a couple of scans but so early it wouldn't be confirmed anyway a viable pregnancy isn't always seen that early on a scan. With my pregnancy with my eldest I had spotting and despite my past they would not scan me until 7 weeks as it was no danger so early on or in need of immediate attention.

Dull aches are normal in viable pregnancy also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back