Won't know if I'm still pregnant for 3+ weeks now....

I went to A & E last night as instrusted by some ladies on the forum, and my Midwife. He reccomended that I see GP first so that I could get a refferal letter for a Gynea so I wouldn't have to wait with the other patients. So I got one and drove to the hospital, on my own, in a lot of pain.

Got there, saw by triage, the registrar of Gynea wouldn't let me be taken straight through as GP hadn't signed or written something correctly. I had to sit and wait OVER 3 HOURS! in agonising pain. They said as paracetomol wasn't working they couldn't give me anything else til I had gone thorugh to the other side.

A f*****g drunk bloke threatening to kill himself got taken in before me :evil: I was so angry! I know it's not my life in danger, but my babies life could be! Is it really out of sight, out of mind to them?! I saw everyone who was in before and at least 30 people after me go in there first.

When I got through they told me straight away there was nothing they were going to do and the Gynea probably wouldn't see me. WHAT!!! I was so angry and upset. The Gynea eventually came down after I made a fuss and told me he can't/won't do any more scans due to the risk to the baby. He wouldn't do an internal as he said there was no point :shock: , and they didn't do bloods or urine, again.

Sent home with a box of painkillers saying do nothing but rest and wait for your 12 week scan. Thats 3 and a half weeks away!! I am now going to be stressed every day worried if my baby is alive or not because they can't or won't do anything. Even a scan a week would tell something wouldn't it? Or in the middle between waiting for my 12 weeks scan? I couldn't get that far then know I'd lost the baby somewhere along the way :cry:

Just wanted to start by saying I'm really sorry for the way you've been treated.

It's absolutely appalling that you were treated in this way and you deserve a lot better, so does your baby.

I experienced some bleeding at 7 weeks and went to A & E. I didn't have to wait they saw me immediately and did an internal. They didnt do a scan but told me to go to my GP and get referred, which I did and had the scan the next morning. Luckily everything was fine.

What I'm trying to say is that you have obviously got a very badly trained unsympathetic A & E dept and they are not all like that. Is there another hospital you could go to?

Dont put up with it you need to be seen to and you may get a better reception somewhere else.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

That's what I thought - but they argue because I only had a scan Monday nothing has probably changed (what do they know! - Can't you lose a baby quicker than over a 2 week time!!)

I guess I'll have to ask my Midwife. I could go to bedford hospital where I am having the baby - but I cant be referred there by GP or Midwife as it's not their area. Taht's why I keep getting sent to Milton Keynes fooking hospital.

I HATE MILTON KEYNES HOSPITAL!! :evil:

Sami I agree with Kim. Try and find somewhere else if you can. Even if everything is alright, the worry alone will not be good for you or the baby, you can't go through this for the next three weeks.
I am keeping everything crossed for you and the baby and am thinking about you, please let us know if you find out anything. And in the meantime try not to worry too much, i know this is easier said than done, but look after yourself and know that we are all here for you xxxx

Than you for your replies - I will have a word with my Midwife when I speak to him later - he may be able to get something sorted out for me and get something done for definate, or at least some better treatment!

I have been waiting for your update today as I have been worrying about you.

We are at a similar stage and I actually feel really guilty that I seem to be having such an easy time compared to you.

If I had been with you in that A&E department I would have wacked that person who fobbed you off. Do these people not care? Are they not human?

Discraceful.

I just hope that my A&E department are more helpful than yours.

Keep us up to date with what is happening. I will be checking on here regularly for updates.

We all really care about you.

Best of luck

Thank you hunnie - I am torn with what to do - I feel like i do deserve better but after what they said I feel like I am trying to get something done that cant be?
Or am I just buying into their shit?

Excuse my language but they are full of shit.

My hospital said that they 'couldn't' scan me even though the EPU is at that hospital!! Anyway apart from that my A & E were brilliant and I wouldn't have expected less.

There certainly is a lot that can happen since Monday and I think they have a duty to scan you to put your mind at rest. It's rubbish that the scan can harm the baby, loads of people have regular scans for one reason or another.

I really hope this works out for you, I'm thinking of you, take care.

Thanks hun - I've just spent hours resarching ultrasounds on the net and found NO cause for concern at all!! 4 years ago they thought they could cause brain damage but as of december they say they can't! BBC news! Check out the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4063209.stm

I feel so bloody let down by the hospital - I am going to speak to my midwife and see what he can do about getting me reffered to another hospital with some results and scans!

I'm so angry :evil: they fob you off with bull cr*p just to get rid of you :(

I'm on a mission to have a scan now - they should respect that shouldn't they?! Surely the worry would cause more damage to the baby? Especially as they expect me to wait 3 and a half weeks!

Yes it's unreasonable to turn away a distressed PG woman in pain and say wait over 3 weeks its discusting.

Have you considered getting a scan at a private hospital if all else fails? May cost a bit but it would be worth it.

Otherwise pop up to Hull and visit our A & E, I'm sure they wouldn't mind one extra!!

Sami, I've just sent you a PM but just to confirm that I had a second ultrasound this morning although I'd already had one on Monday. The EPU said they didn't LIKE to do a second ultrasound within 7 days of the first but if the situation warranted it then they would. I checked in my books here and on the web and as far as i can see, there are no risks to the baby from the ultrasound so your hospital is not being fair with you.
I got my scans done without any problem so you should get the same.
My husband said maybe you could contact Primary Care Trust (?) and see if they can help.
Sounds like calling the midwife is a good idea though.
Thinking of you. L x

haha - i may have to just drive to Hull!! haha.

Do you think they are being funny with me because the bleeding isnt always heavy? Surely it's just as bad though coz I'm almost constantly bleeding :( been like this for about 2 weeks I think now!

I was only spotting and only for 1/2 a day and I got good treatment so you should definately get the same

Oh I feel like I am being treated so badly :cry: I want to shout at the rooftops and complain but it's getting me no where. God, anyone who is pregnant - don't go to milton keynes, they are fucking useless :cry:

I feel so let down, worried and useless :cry:

You're not useless, they're useless. I don't know what to suggest as it seems you have tried everything. Are you passing any tissue?

I'm not sure - I keep looking at it but It's often a discharge blood mixed in - There are some veiny type looking things in it too - I can't remeber what I saw when I started m/c last time. Is this tissue or is it clotted blood?

Not sure. They said at the hospital if it's brown that's a good sign

Is it? What about brown then red then brown then red for over a week? :shock:

Tried to ring midwife - no answer butleft a message saying that I felt the hosp were rude and unhelpful and offered to do nothing and that i was still bleeding. I hope he calls me back soon!

Not sure on that one.

Any pain today?

On painkillers (paracetomol and codeine) but pain down my right side again which gets really bad and shoots down to my foot and up to my shoulder... really odd but agonising

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back