4DPO and looking for distractions

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
I believe that I am 4DPO (the line wasnt really really dark but as dark as I have ever had it before) and I am trying not to symptom spot but its hard work! I dont really think i am lucky enough to actually be pregnant but I also know there is unlikely to be any prominent symptoms at this stage of the game.

It is almost definitely AF coming, I have cramps / pains in my ovary, bad backache (although I do have a back problem but this is the worst its been in a while), feeling wet and stomach symptoms in general- a little nausea, diarrhea, strange feeling in the bottom of my stomach and aversion to some foods. This is not like me at all, I love food but my friend shared pictures of some 'lovely' cakes but they made me want to gag- perhaps I am just ill!

Every symptom has an explanation, typically AF shaped explanation so I need something to focus on. I am not getting my hopes up at all so here I am looking for distractions

Do you read books? I got really into a good book last cycle which helped distract me for a little while :) xxx

Do you read books? I got really into a good book last cycle which helped distract me for a little while :) xxx

I do I love reading, what sort of books do you like? I am into horror/thrillers etc

At the moment I have just discovered series 2 of Married at First Sight so I am immersing myself in that right now! My husband is working tonight so I will be able to fit some more in lol. Taking my mum shopping in the morning too

Next cycle I will totally do away with BBT, OPKs, everything other than BDing probably every other day. I am sick of line spotting on OPKs and worrying is it def a neg or do I just not get a dark line or why has the line that was developing gone? I need to take that pressure off myself and just test a few days later than Ovia tells me to xxx

I haven't temped this month for that exact reason - it's so stressful. I feel so much more relaxed this month (CD13 at the moment!) I'm still doing my OPK's as I don't find them too bad, I usually get quite clear positives.

Books - I'm a sucker for a good romance!.. Anything that's an easy read. Although right now I'm reading the game of throne books which are in now way an easy read lol xx

I haven't temped this month for that exact reason - it's so stressful. I feel so much more relaxed this month (CD13 at the moment!) I'm still doing my OPK's as I don't find them too bad, I usually get quite clear positives.

Books - I'm a sucker for a good romance!.. Anything that's an easy read. Although right now I'm reading the game of throne books which are in now way an easy read lol xx

I have never had a proper really dark line, I get a progressively darker line then it goes back to nothing so I am taking that as my positive. Either way I have to stop doing that to myself its upsetting me. I will leave it until my husband and I are both off work so that will be the end of the month- if I can I want to hold out until CD17 to test but I am assuming AF will get me first

I dont really read romance books, 50 shades was the closest thing to that! I like things about serial killers so I have a lot of books about them (can you tell my most recent course was forensic criminology?!) xx

Lol that's where the interest comes from then! I bet that was an interesting course - I never really read anything in that genre but I would probably like it!

What makes you think you've not got a very good chance this month? xxx

Lol that's where the interest comes from then! I bet that was an interesting course - I never really read anything in that genre but I would probably like it!

What makes you think you've not got a very good chance this month? xxx

I think I am putting on my rose tinted glasses and living in denial about ovulating. I am terrified deep down that because I have never got a dark dark line it means that I dont ovulate and if thats true the consultant has already said he is not prepared to give me any medication without me getting my BMI right down significantly (thats just under 8 stone I would have to lose). I am so scared and emotional right now

Ha yeah true! I am a total geek and after I finished uni I took loads of courses that interested me. I took that one because I have always had an interest in serial killers, more than any other area of crime. I have watched loads of things about it and a whole book shelf full of real case studies etc! xxx

:) I've been buried in a book all evening as a distraction. Good advice Keelygracey! Don't lose hope Sparkle Girl, you had a darker line, that's a good sign, it is not like it doesn't show at all :)

Exactly like Lotti said, I've seen a lot of people never get a really dark line and still get BFP's. Don't lose hope. xxx

:) I've been buried in a book all evening as a distraction. Good advice Keelygracey! Don't lose hope Sparkle Girl, you had a darker line, that's a good sign, it is not like it doesn't show at all :)

What are you reading? Always take suggestions for more to read... not that I have more space for books so its gone onto my kindle app!~ Thank you that has cheered me up

I do I love reading, what sort of books do you like? I am into horror/thrillers etc

At the moment I have just discovered series 2 of Married at First Sight so I am immersing myself in that right now! My husband is working tonight so I will be able to fit some more in lol. Taking my mum shopping in the morning too

Next cycle I will totally do away with BBT, OPKs, everything other than BDing probably every other day. I am sick of line spotting on OPKs and worrying is it def a neg or do I just not get a dark line or why has the line that was developing gone? I need to take that pressure off myself and just test a few days later than Ovia tells me to xxx

Ooh, on a side note, what channel is married at first sight on? Really enjoyed the first one, studied psychology so I suppose I like the experimentation aspect of it!

I'm around 3 dpo, but not really sure as not sure when I ovulated! This could be a long 2ww!! X

Oh, also I have not got a true positive on an opk, just got from light to a bit darker! X

Ooh, on a side note, what channel is married at first sight on? Really enjoyed the first one, studied psychology so I suppose I like the experimentation aspect of it!

I'm around 3 dpo, but not really sure as not sure when I ovulated! This could be a long 2ww!! X

I found it on All4 its on the main page and there is series 3 already started too! I studied psychology too and really enjoyed the first series, so good that 2 of the couples are still together sadly one had a recent mc

We can 2WW together lol Im saying mine is 4dpo at a guess so we can help each other through! xx

Oh, also I have not got a true positive on an opk, just got from light to a bit darker! X

That is a relief, have you got any babies or are you pregnant at the moment? Think I am looking for some hope to cling to. Its so strange that on here we can ask that question that we would never ask in real life x

Cool, thanks will try and get that downloaded...

Yes, I'm in the 2ww in some shape or form, lol!
I have 30 day cycles so all the apps were predicting I was ovulating around cd 17. I've been off the pill and TTC for 4 months and haven't really noticed any ewcm, so thought I would try opk's and temping, just to see if it married up with what the apps were predicting.
I've now just confused myself even more, lol!
My opk's were light, then to darker, but no where near as dark as the control line, back to light and non existent now. My temp did rise on these two days the opk's were dark, but it has been all over the place, but think I'm going to have to treat that as ovulation (no where near where the apps said lol!). I didn't dtd on the day of the 2nd opk as I thought it would get darker, so feel I may have missed that opportunity now, and it isn't going to happen this month...

If there is any hope, it's that I have a 5 year old! I was on here when TTC her, and it only took 2 months.
You know when you get that feeling that things just aren't going as smoothly this time...it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen as easily.

So on to the tww we go! Glow has changed my dates and puts me at 3dpo. I've had months with every symptom under the sun, and months with nothing - so there is no point in me symptom spotting. I tend to start spotting around 3 days before AF so I tend to know pretty soon.
Xxxx

I've been having cramping uncomfortable pains for the last 2 days with backache and last night/this morning there is a little spotting. Guess AF is on her way. Cd34 so not entirely unexpected just a shame

I have 30 day cycles so all the apps were predicting I was ovulating around cd 17. I've been off the pill and TTC for 4 months and haven't really noticed any ewcm, so thought I would try opk's and temping, just to see if it married up with what the apps were predicting.
My opk's were light, then to darker, but no where near as dark as the control line, back to light and non existent now. My temp did rise on these two days the opk's were dark, but it has been all over the place, but think I'm going to have to treat that as ovulation (no where near where the apps said lol!). I didn't dtd on the day of the 2nd opk as I thought it would get darker, so feel I may have missed that opportunity now, and it isn't going to happen this month...

If there is any hope, it's that I have a 5 year old! I was on here when TTC her, and it only took 2 months.
You know when you get that feeling that things just aren't going as smoothly this time...it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen as easily.

So on to the tww we go! Glow has changed my dates and puts me at 3dpo. I've had months with every symptom under the sun, and months with nothing - so there is no point in me symptom spotting. I tend to start spotting around 3 days before AF so I tend to know pretty soon.
Xxxx

2ww is crap! I've never used glow is it good? I've never spotted before af but now I spend half my life spottin. I do not approve! Hopefully this will be your months. Do watch it, im on episode 3 I think its good to see how much it all changed in a short space of time xxxx

Xxxx

2ww is crap! I've never used glow is it good? I've never spotted before af but now I spend half my life spottin. I do not approve! Hopefully this will be your months. Do watch it, im on episode 3 I think its good to see how much it all changed in a short space of time xxxx

I never spotted before and I hate it! It's like being in limbo, but I suppose it's better than getting my hopes up, at least I know cd1 is only a few days away! :wall2:

Glow is prob the best one I use - I think I have an app obsession, lol, I have 3, and until this month, they were all on the same track! I've been using glow for 4 months and it will change my dates around. I also downloaded ovia as that is supposed to 'learn' your cycles. Time will tell I suppose...

That's crap you have started spotting already :wall2:
Xx

Xxxx

I never spotted before and I hate it! It's like being in limbo, but I suppose it's better than getting my hopes up, at least I know cd1 is only a few days away! :wall2:

Glow is prob the best one I use - I think I have an app obsession, lol, I have 3, and until this month, they were all on the same track! I've been using glow for 4 months and it will change my dates around. I also downloaded ovia as that is supposed to 'learn' your cycles. Time will tell I suppose...

That's crap you have started spotting already :wall2:
Xx

Yeah I'm gutted. Hoping against hope its nothing much but who am I kidding. It's probably gonna be a blood bath as usual. Im.Thinking about changing my cycle length last couple have been less than 39 so might make a dif xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back