4 days late, but negative results - confused!

cruiseee

Reaction score
DH & I have been trying to conceive for a while now, so when my AF didn't arrive I was sure it meant pregnancy. But I've taken 2 tests now (one on sat when my period should have started, and one today) & they're both negative results. I'm never normally late, usually my AFs start when they're due to. Now I'm really confused, frustrated & also a little worried. Help?!

Theres not much we can do to help hun, the only thing to do is wait another couple of days and test again. If af still doesn't arrive and you keep getting BFN then a trip to the docs is the next step.

What tests are you using?

Clear blue digital. They're pretty accurate, right?

Wait a couple of days hun :) I was getting negative test results 4 days after missed period and was confused like you, but got my bfp a couple days later. Must have been calculating my cycle wrong xx

Hello Ladies,
I am only 18 and i have not been trying to get pregnant, so im confused.
my period is due tomorrow, if i am calculating this right i ovulated on the 23th and had very light brown and 2 drops of red blood on the 30th ... i now have signs. I have sore boobs near the under arms and sides, not the nipples though, i was almost sick yesterday after smoking a ciggy witch has never happened before (i have smoked for about a year) i get headaches almost every morning and my lower and upper abdomen is tender, also i am weeing more and have very watery white CM (sorry if its TMI) I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could share your experiences with me, for example, what were your first pregnancy symptoms and were they anything like mine? oh and btw i bled like a period when i ovulated (dont think thats normal) so frightened!!!! :(

Today should have been the final day of AF, but the witch still hasn't reared her ugly head. After reading other women's experiences, I'm starting to get my hopes up again. When I saw the BFN twice I was certain that was that, but I'm hearing that there's still a chance of a late BFP? It's just so wierd though - is it an indication of pregnancy complications if the tests aren't detecting your hormone levels? I can't say I'm experiencing any symptoms other than the lack of AF. However I'm feeling mild cramps like AF is due to start & also feeling gassy. Sigh! Not sure how long I should wait before seeing a doctor. Am thinking leave it another week?

Today should have been the final day of AF, but the witch still hasn't reared her ugly head. After reading other women's experiences, I'm starting to get my hopes up again. When I saw the BFN twice I was certain that was that, but I'm hearing that there's still a chance of a late BFP? It's just so wierd though - is it an indication of pregnancy complications if the tests aren't detecting your hormone levels? I can't say I'm experiencing any symptoms other than the lack of AF. However I'm feeling mild cramps like AF is due to start & also feeling gassy. Sigh! Not sure how long I should wait before seeing a doctor. Am thinking leave it another week?

Hi... I was convinced I was getting my period in the early stages of pregnancy. I don't want to get your hopes up, I just want you to know that it can be how you feel... I'm not clued up on testing and dates etc... But I thought the clear blue digi's were pretty accurate. Can you maybe call your doctors and find out when they recommend getting a blood test done?!? Or do you think you could handle a weeks wait?!? Good Luck :) xxx

Do u think it's worth trying a more sensitive test like FRER? Or would that be a waste of money?

The first response one does say that it's 4days before due date, doesn't it... Hmh... It's tricky cause you have to draw a line with testing somewhere... I'm really not that clued up on which tests are best to use etc... I'm sure someone on here will be tho :)
I defo think maybe wait another day or 2then phone the doc and see when they offer pregnancy blood tests!!
I will be stalking you to see if you get you BFP :) x

Got impatient, bought the FRER and still getting a BFN! And still no AF either! This is driving me potty now!
Will wait it out till the end of the week and then if no AF, then will see a doctor for answers.

Agh!!!! Good Luck... I'll keep an eye out for you :) xxx

I am having the same problem! I'm 4 days late, which isn't normal for me, and each time I test I just get a BFN too. I'm so confused. My BBs are so sore, back aches and I'm really nauseous! If nothing happens in the next couple of days I'm going to go doctors too.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get a BFP!!!

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. But AF started tonight. :-(
Still don't understand why it started nearly a week late. And how do work out my next ovulation date? Is it always 14 from start of last period, no matter how long the last cycle was?

Sorry the witch came... Odd for it to be so late! Do you have an iPhone? I'm useless about counting dates... Sure someone will be able to help you tho! Good luck for next month!x

Thanks ladies. But AF started tonight. :-(
Still don't understand why it started nearly a week late. And how do work out my next ovulation date? Is it always 14 from start of last period, no matter how long the last cycle was?

Hiya.. unfortunately its not as simple as being CD14 each cycle :( wish it was!! Its more likely to be 14 days before the start of your next cycle than 14 days after day 1 of you cycle (if that makes sense!?!) which makes it pretty damn hard to predict if you cycles become irregular! My cycles are very irregular and I never know when I will Ov - sometimes its CD14 other times its CD21.. I am now charting my temperature and using OPKs to try and get my head around when i Ov each month - but that approach doesnt work for everyone.. good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back