11 days late, negative pregnancy test

Erikas

Reaction score
Hi ladies, My period is now 11 days late. I tested a week after it was due but it was negative, I tested 2 days later and it was still negative. That was 2 days ago now. Has anyone else had the same problem and been pregnant? Is driving me crackers wondering. My period is never late. I am a mum of 4 boys and have not had this problem before. Very grateful of any replies. Thanks.

Im interested to see what people say because Im in the same situation very later but bfn but very late bfp s but after time limit so they don't count can't help thinking they might tho as i did one chucked it in my bag forgot to check iy bfp bit it was a dark bfp! Next day bfn ggrrr x

get some bloods done Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Yeh im going to wait a week, if af still not here and bfn ill go to doctors i hate needles too! x

If a test is coming up neg then its really really unlikely that at 11 days late you are pg. sometimes you just get freak cycles and perhaps for whatever reason you ovulated later this cycle.

x

Well I'm currently ttc no.3 and I'm 3 weeks late and still bfn, with both my previous pg I was around 8 wks before I got a bfp do it can def happen and my doctor says some people just take a bit lOnger for hcg to reach a level that can be detected. That's why sometimes people don't know till later in pg that they are x hope this helps a bit x:)

I know from reading other peoples posts that it happens a lot no bfp until later on because there levels are too low, not saying we may be but if you ovulated late the pregnancy test wont pick up on the positive until later x

Last edited:
From my old cycles before ever getting pregnant i missed 2 periods and had nothing for 3 months. I found out i have polycystic ovaries and i don't always ovulate on every cycle i know if no egg is released this can cause longer cycles and misses too x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

I have been 3 weeks late, bfn's.
There was no reason, just one of those things, just late.
At this stage the majority of ladies would get a bfp so it's likely you're just late x

Take a test after 15 to 20 days of your missed periods for better result. You have taken your tests very early.

Well first response say 4 days before your missed period is when you can start the test, got my BFP 4 days before period was due with Alice x

You have taken your test very early. You should take your next test after 1 to 2 weeks later. Because normally good result of test comes after 2 to 3 weeks of missed periods.

You have taken your test very early. You should take your next test after 1 to 2 weeks later. Because normally good result of test comes after 2 to 3 weeks of missed periods.

That's completely false. You can get an accurate result the day of your missed period.

With my first baby i didnt get a possitive test untill i was 9 weeks and i only know this because i back dated it from my scan at 11+6 days! So i dont ever believe your out untill af arrives. But many women get bfps before on a few days after af was due but theres a glimmer of hope….. Sometimes!

No thats wrong you take the test two weeks after Ovulation not missed period you would be 5-6 week pregnant by the time you took the test if you waited that long! x

Last edited:
still no af for me and no bfp think its doctors this week or now maybe x

What a load of rubbish (no offence) if you had to wait that long why would we have pregnancy tests that allows you to test 6 days before period is due??

So sometimes it is better to wait to get a accurate result but its personal preference.

Hey redbear, fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on...I got bfn's for 3 months when I was having dd, I got my bfp after going docs, so gud luck to ya xxx

went to the doctors and he basically said take a test every week until af or bfp, i said i thought after this long i wont be he said the later it gets the lower the chances but it is still the most likely reason until af comes. so will continue testing, he didn't take my bloods or anything, asked me if i would keep the baby, i just said me and my husband would be keeping any baby we conceive, spoke to me about contraception acted like i was a stupid teenager, can understand but its my life. i turned round and said 'well my husband is catholic so is happy for me to get pregnant as much as i can' he isnt a practising catholic and doesn't want lots of kids but the doctor doesn't need to know that! xx

did anyone who posted get a bfp? Im 11 days late have taken 2 tests 5 days apart and still bfn. Have a few symptoms as well and have never missed AF unless I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back