3rd degree tear - stitches - recovery?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
My LO is 2wks old tomorrow... And having suffered a 3rd degree tear i am starting to move a bit better. Now that meds/antibiotics have finished, ive started to take arnica capsules - the label on arnica says up to 7 days. That finishes today - can i take for longer than 7 days ?

Also anything i can add to bath to soak them? Dont want them to sting
But is there anything like lavender or teatree perhaps ?

Any ideas ?
X

My mum is a homeopath, and shes never said anything about not being able to take arnica for longer than 7 days.. but Im not a doctor :)
Also I've heard theres arnica type stuff you can put in the bath. Lavender is relaxing, tea tree is antibacterial but may sting if you put too much in your bath. I would recommend some calendula cream/ointment to add to the area, that is fantastic for healing, as is aloe vera xx

Yeah midwife advised lavender to me ! But I only have a shower so could not do it lol x

I used to Bath in lavender and tea tree oils it smells amazing and nice just to relax in the bath for a while c

I was told to bathe in salt water after a tear. maybe make up your own bath salts with lavender oil in them??

I had a third degree tear and my stitches seperated after a few days but unfortunately they were reluctant to restitch so I was just left. I had a bath once a day with salt in and 5 drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of lavender oil. I wouldn't stay in too long as I was told to keep it dry. I also had a quick shower in the eve just to "freshen" me up which I used tree tree and mint body wash. But I couldn't really wash downstairs properly for several weeks. Took me 10 weeks to heal but I never got an infection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back