38 weeks and measuring 35cm!! i'm worried

asma

Reaction score
Hi, i went to my 38 week appt with midwife today. I've got extreme swelling in my feet and hands and face, so MW said they'd do a blood test for pre-eclampsia, bit worried about that.

But then when she measured me, i was 35cm, she did a slight mmm :? then felt the baby and re-measured me to get 35 again. i didnt ask, and she didnt really explain, but now i'm worried :( :( . I dont know if this normal. And the baby hasnt dropped yet, so it shouldnt be measuring less.

:pray:

Many on here will tell you fundal height is not reliable. Plus 2cm either way is nothing. So, 3 probably is not much :?

And babies position can have a big impact on measurements. I really would not worry too much :hug:

I was the same at about 38 weeks, I was worried at first but midwife wasn't cause she said it was cause baby was engaged. I gave birth a few days after and she weighed 7lbs 8oz.

We measured mine a few days ago and i got 33, think the most my mum got was 35, but she's engaged more and has up until now, been spot on with fundal measurements.

if your midwife was worried im sure she would have said something hun

Thanks girls, use have made me feel better, n also my cousin was tellin me yesterday that she measured less when it came closer to the end (i think she could tell it was getting to me).

Just waiting on my bloods to make sure i dont have pre-eclampsia, otherwise everything else is ok.

I was about 4-5 cm behind from around 20 weeks. At 39 weeks i measured 35cm and had to have a scan. I had 2 scans after my 20 week as they were worried. I gave birth to an 8lb 3oz baby! I was worried she'd be too small for her clothes. Fortunately i decided to wait before buying prem clothes!
I wouldn't worry. Seems the measurements don't always mean anything.

LisaJ1986 said:
I was about 4-5 cm behind from around 20 weeks. At 39 weeks i measured 35cm and had to have a scan. I had 2 scans after my 20 week as they were worried. I gave birth to an 8lb 3oz baby! I was worried she'd be too small for her clothes. Fortunately i decided to wait before buying prem clothes!
I wouldn't worry. Seems the measurements don't always mean anything.

Awww ur little girl is gorgeous. Also i'm 5ft 10in, so some people have said i just hide it well. I actually bought prem baby clothes first, but then i changed them, cos my sister had her boy in March, and he was 9lb, i know i wont be that big but, i want him to be able to wear them a little more, not grow out of them the first weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back