38+2 fast fetal heart rate

k3rryann

Reaction score
First of all hello everyone my name is Kerry and im new to the forums.

I joined up because I wanted to share my recent experience with you all and share your thoughts.

Yesterday I went to my routine midwife appointment at 38+2 weeks pregnant

My pregnancy has been fine the whole way through and my babys heart rate has always been around 150's however yesterday when midwife listened in it was reading in the 170's to 180's so she sent me to the hospital to be monitored.
Heart rate remained the same sometimes into the 190's but all the time the baby was moving loads.
They got me to lay on my left and eventually the heart rate slowed down to 150's again and so did babys movements.

The hospital told me that actually this in the end is a good thing as it means that when i have an active baby the heart rate increases as it should and decreases again when she is having quiet time. Baby has been very active ever since I have felt it move.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this before? You know what its like when health care people put your mind at rest and tell you its all ok but you cant help but worry about it afterwards :(
Trying not to convince myself that baby is distressed!!

Thanks for your help

Kerry

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have no experience of this i just wanted to say hello :) xx

Hi i have no experience either but if its falling when bubs is settled it sounds like it should be fine - their heart rates work the same as ours - faster during exercise etc

:wave: Welcome to the forum. It's good that you're getting lots of movements, and the fact that the heart rate slowed down too when your baby was resting more suggests that you don't need to worry - when I was booked in to be induced with my second I was wired up to their monitors (before they did anything to me - I was having mild contractions that I couldn't feel but they were showing up on the monitor) and his heart rate kept increasing to around 180 every time my uterus contracted slightly, then it would slow back down again. I also had a really bad cough at the time, and every time I coughed and woke him up he'd move around and his heart rate would increase again. If you're at all concerned about movements or anything - whether you're getting more or less than you're used to - give the hospital a quick call and I'm sure they'll be happy to monitor you :hug: ...could just be your body getting ready for labour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back