37 wks, help

Rachel Evans

Reaction score
So I've been putting this off for a long time. But the closer I get to delivery the more I start to spiral. I'm scared that one of three people is my child's father. But at the same time two of them are close to statistically impossible. I pulled up a due date calculator and it has me ovulating around 8/21. My LMP was 8/7 through the 12th. I had protected sex on the 11th, he says he didn't come (the condom didn't look broken). Which carries 15% risk (15 out of 100 women get pregnant with condoms). But he couldve possibly had pre-ejaculate on his hands and then touched me. I had a heavy petting session with another 8/16. I don't remember if he touched his penis then fingered me. The possibility of getting pregnant from pre-ejacuate very much exists. Science had shown up to 44% of men have motile sperm in pre-ejaculation. The calculator I used said pregnancy couldve occurred anywhere between the 7th and the 21St; even though sperm only survive in the body up to 5 days. I'm so confused. My best friend said I likely really over thought it and made myself freak out. That it would be the person I was having unprotected sex with regularly. He thinks he is the father and I haven't divulged the other two because I don't want to cause unnecessary drama in their lives or mine based on stastical improbabilities. Please help.

Is this serious? You had protected sex with one person, nothing with another and then unprotected sex with a third, pretty obvious who the father is.

Also condoms have a LONG TERM 15% fail rate because at some point, someone usually stuffs up or doesn't use one. They're 99% effective when used correctly.

Is this serious? You had protected sex with one person, nothing with another and then unprotected sex with a third, pretty obvious who the father is.

Also condoms have a LONG TERM 15% fail rate because at some point, someone usually stuffs up or doesn't use one. They're 99% effective when used correctly.
As the plague. Condoms are roughly ~80-83 % effective if used correctly. Again, didn't look broken but it's not like I studied it at length. 44% of men again contain fertile, mobile sperm in pre-ejaculate. The one person I continually had unprotected sex with and I had been TTC for 8 months. Its just strange to me that all of a sudden in August; low and behold I got pregnant. I'm aware thats its not a 50/50 shot (roughly ~30ish), but still. Getting pregnant from pre ejaculate is a very real possibility.

No, it's actually not possible. Assume some live sperm was in pre-cum (it's not but we'll say it is), sperm dies extremely quickly when it comes into contact with unfavourable conditions (ie. air, hands etc). Not sure where you're pulling your statistics from but its simply not true. If you're really that worried get a DNA test on your baby...

No, it's actually not possible. Assume some live sperm was in pre-cum (it's not but we'll say it is), sperm dies extremely quickly when it comes into contact with unfavourable conditions (ie. air, hands etc). Not sure where you're pulling your statistics from but its simply not true. If you're really that worried get a DNA test on your baby...
That's what i thought too until I started pulling literature reviews and scholarly articles (NCBI, American pregnancy association, etc) . Turns out you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. Although, small percentage wise, still possible. Sperm also survive until they dry out. Hence the obvious apprehension. And again I've not said anything because I don't want to cause unnecessary BS in people's lives if it turns out I'm wrong. Plus I haven't had contact with the other two in 9 months; I don't want to be in contact with them. Not to mention the ration of shit either them will give me because I stupidily got pregnant from pre-cum. I've had all this time to research and pour over articles, I wish I hadn't

The guy you actually had unprotected sex with is the father. 100%. You’re panicking over nothing :)

This thread will be removed.
Spreading falsities and throwing around inaccurate percentages. Pre-cum does not contain live sperm and condoms are 99% effective unless used incorrectly.
You only started thinking about this at 37 weeks?! Is this for real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back