35 week midwife on Monday

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
And I have a question!

Do they do bloods at 35 weeks? If not, are they done again before bubs arrives? I don't mind having them done, just need to prepare myself cos they can never get a vein on the first go!

Also wondering if mw will check to see Pip's position? xx

Midwife told me I get bloods done again at 34 weeks so I'd say there's a good chance they will take some from you.

I think she was pre warning me in case she has to butcher me again cos she can't get anything out. Lol.

I don't think anymore are taken only if necessary. I didn't have any at 34week appt, which I'm guessing is tomorrow for you?
MW checked position etc as usual, but didn't measure me as I had a growth scan 2 days previous. x

I've been told I'll get bloods taken at my next appointment which is my 36 week & they should check baby & what position he's in they.started checking my LO at 32 week app wen he was breech then he was checked last week & is now head down x

I had mine taken at my 35 week appointment so id prepare urself anyway and if u dont get them done then atleast u wernt caught off gaurd xx

I'm like zoe and no bloods after 28 weeks for me as everything came back normal. The midwife checked the position, measured me and listened to cub's heartbeat. This was when we went over the birth plan too.

I didn't have any taken at that appointment no. I suppose everywhere is different. You can always refuse if it's been alright so far and you feel ok.

No more bloods taken after 28 weeks here if all is well. I've been having them weekly but that's cos I'm a bit abnormal! I think they check baby's position every visit from now on! Good luck! :) xx

Thanks ladies. Will prepare to be a pin cushion just to be on the safe side! All has been good so far, my mw was impressed last time as my iron levels were better than my booking bloods! She was amazed! Lol!

xx

My hospital do bloods at 34 weeks & I think that's the last time. Had them on Friday so should be me done, I hope so cos I hate it, I have to ask to lay down & feel like such a twit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back