35 week MW appointment..

Rachey

Reaction score
Hey girls :wave: hope you are all well! Feel like I've not had time to come on much recently :(

Had 35 week appointment yesterday and MW took a swab for Strep B, hoping it comes back clear! Has anyone else had this done? Not really sure what to expect if it comes back that I do carry it, does it just mean that baby will have to stay in hospital for a bit longer to have the antibiotics?

Also MW wrote in my notes that babys head is 'on the brim' Just wondered does that mean that he's sort of getting ready to drop down? Might sound a silly question but wasn't really sure what it meant!

xxx

Oooh ive got my 34 week appointment on Tuesday so i could do with the same advice...

Whats a Strep B swab? and do they need to take more blood tests... pretty stupid thing to worry about when you think what we will be going through in a few weeks but my arm literally goes dead for about an hour after a blood test so im hoping i wont need any more... :(

It's just to check for Strep B hun(Group B streptococus is the right name I think), I don't think it's done routinely though!

Not sure about the bloods, I had them done but only because she couldn't get any blood from me at my last appointment :lol: fingers crossedyou won't need to have any :)

xxx

Last edited:
Yes, it is done routinely. I had mine done yesterday along with some blood work. They do it between 34-36 wks. If you are positive they give you antibiotics during labor to reduce the risk of the baby getting sick. That's all. Don't be too worried. :)

Yer routine Hun for the bloods I also had "fixed at brim" last app at 35 weeks

I've been today n she's just put "fixed" so don't no if baby is fixed n ready or still on the way down, god knows, I've Been getting really bad pressure down there n pains, x

I not had this one; MRSA test I had recently? Strep B? Nope.. not that I am aware of.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back