Midwife appointment/blood results

TORino

Reaction score
Do you remember a few weeks back I had a letter requesting I go and have repeat bloods from the doctor?

Well I had them done and they came back normal so all good there.

I asked the midwife about it on Monday as the receptionist people were a bit shady with me before and I only got half a story.

It turns out, whoever was looking at my results did not check my file so they didn't know I am pregnant. My haemaglobin levels were 11.5 which is on the low side for someone who isn't pregnant and so he requested the repeat tests.

Apparently the midwife said during pregnancy they aren't concerned until the levels fall below 10.6 so there was no need for me to have the extra tests done!

In the grand scheme of things I guess it's no biggie but it astounds me how incompetent they are at my doctors surgery.

Oh - and the midwife didn't listen to the heartbeat again. Apparently they don't do this routinely until 36 weeks! Charming :shock:

What silly staff at the doctors surgery. Least they are all ok I guess.
I get to listen to LO's HB every time I go to the clinic, don't know why yours don't. Do they not even check at all, surely this is a sign if baby is well or not. xx

Nope. No check.

She does my BP, urine and measures fundal height. That's about it really. She never said why they don't do the heartbeat here, just that it wasn't routine but she will do it towards the end?

So glad everything is fine hone but that is absolutely ridiculous that they didn't read your notes properly in the first place!

That's poop about the HB! We get to listen every time since 16 weeks...

We've been listening to HB every appts since about 16weeks too :s
Don't know why, maybe it's just your MW xx

that would concern me about the heartbeat. ive never heard of that anywhere else.

glad everythings ok! but agreeing with the rest of the ladies- ive heard babys heartbeat at every appt since 16 weeks too!! very strange why they wouldnt do it thats ridiculous!

xxx

We get heartbeat everytime from 16 weeks. I think I'd get a bit stroppy and ask for it to be done if I knew other people were getting it!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back