31 weeks efw 2lb 12 oz

Punklor182

Reaction score
My little boy is booked to come out at 31 weeks as he is too small efw of 2lb 12oz anyone got any ideas of his chances of it being a good outcome

My little boy was born at 33 weeks as he had stopped growing due to pre-eclampsia and was 2lb 14oz. He never looked back. I think staff in NICU are miracle workers xx Best of luck to you and your baby boy xx

Hi hun I had my 1st son 15 years ago at 30weeks he weighed 2lb 7ozs, he had to have help with his breathing for 4 days but after that he came on really good he stayed in hospital for 6 weeks (weighed only 3lb 10)then I was able to take him home, the chances of survival are so much higher now that what it was when I had my son and he was fine, good luck hunni please let us know how u get on xxx

I had my first at 27 weeks was just spontaneous labour due to stress and a uti he was in for a while and was 2lb 10 born which is pretty big for a prem baby. He's now 8 with not a problem. They r great scbu doc and nurses. He was on a uv light for a couple of days as he had slight jaundice and didn't need much help with oxygen when born. The only thing that slowed him down coming home was because he was use to being tube fed it took ages for him to take to the bottle. I had to take a pump home and express for him as with him being soo small I knew breast was best for him. I had to stay in for a week as my organs weren't going back into place as quickly as they should which was a killer as I was put on the post natal ward and the only one there with no baby. Hope all goes well. Xx

Hi chick,

My little one was born at 33 weeks due to premature rupturing of the membranes. He weighed 3lb 13oz, we were in NICU for a while.........Not gonna lie it was a really hard time emotionally....But he is now 3.5 years and hes fine, no health probs at all. He is as tall as most 5 year olds xxxxxx

Last edited:
all my babies have been born prem my first was born at 24weeks but didn't make it my second was born at 31weeks and is fine and my third born at 30 weeks they was all in the 3lb mark I wouldn't work the things they can do now is amazing, I am pregnant again and worried its going to be even earlier, they have not given me a reason for them being prem and its rather annoying that I have no answers, but my fingers are crossed good luck and enjoy your littlw bundle of joy :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back