30 and over TTC thread

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi girls

Any idea if TTC is different for you now than it was in your 20s? I was 32 when I first conceived, and was referred to as an "elderly" primipara. Hmmm. My SIL just had a baby at 42.

Do you think it's harder or easier or just different?

Sue

I'm 32 and have been ttc for nearly a year. With a m/c and a chemical pregnancy. My cycles are definetly different to how they were in my 20's I reckon I would have found it easier if I had been ready in my mid twenties.

Are you ttc now?

My cycles are definately different now at 31 (32 on the 30th) than they were when we TTC Jordan. They were v regular with no spotting!!!!!!

Hi again!

yes we are TTC now, day 3 of our 6th cycle. I'm 34, Oh is 40. OH will be at a South American wedding on my fertile days this month, unless I jump him straight off the plane we really don't have a chance, so taking a rest.

With first TTC I followed EWCM and conceived on the second cycle. I don't seem to get as much EWCM now except for an enormously mucusy month in June :shock: :oops:

This time I am using OPKs and wondering what we're doing wrong! I recorded my surge on day 19 the month before last and on day 16 last month. Weird.

Do you think it's possible that I Oved more than once in June and haven't done so since?

Sue

Hi

I'm 33 and am TTC for first child. My periods are deffinately worse in my 30s plus i have recently started to experience ovulation pains which can be unpleasant. I wish i had started to TTC in my twenties but looking back i just wasn't ready until last year.
It's quite mad to think we are considered old mothers in our 30s :shock: although some days i do feel like 90 :rotfl:

Tiny sue - women very rearly ovulate on th same CD every month, but we always have the same length letual phase (which is all the days after ovulation) So if we ovulate late we have longer cycles and if we ovulate early we may have shorter cycles.

Of course it's harder on average for women in their 30s to conceive etc than teenagers. They get pregnant a lot more easily than some of their families would want :lol:

I ttc when 21 and got pregnant within 6 weeks, that with only seeing my boyf at weekends as he lived in another town. I sadly miscarried.

This latest time took my partner and I 4 years to conceive (I'm 30). There may be other reasons for that though. I sadly m/c'd again. A doctor said that once some couples manage to conceive, they often hit the jackpot again soon, so fingers crossed :)

We in our (especially before 35) 30s are not over the hill just yet and can usually still get preg etc fine:)

Isn't 29 now the average age for first babies? I'm pretty sure it is. I'm 31 and I kind of do regret not having had kids earlier but then again it has all come at the right time for us as a family in terms of our lives/jobs etc. My sister in law had her first at 41 and is about to have her second (number one will be 13 months when she had number two). Everyone kept telling her that she'd find it hard to conceive because of her age but she didn't and in fact got pregnant again very quickly after the first so I don't know if things are ever the same for people.

+++

Yes 29 is the average so we're not that wierd :) But I think they only calculated it for married women, for women having their first pregnancy who aren't married, the age is lower.

Wow your sis is an encouraging story Rosebay :cheer:

I'm 31 and have been trying for 5 years now, when I went to my Doctors I was told that as I was under 30 I really shouldn't worry about it. Am 31 now and although tests have confirmed there is nothing technically wrong with me I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and have been put on IVF waiting list.
I just wish that A) I had tried earlier - as in 21/22 as I would prob have had IVF by now
and B) that my Doctor hadn't fobbed me off with 'oh you are only 27 - you have plenty of time' and not taken me seriously.

It amazes me how much time I spent in my early 20's trying to NOT get pregnant!!
:lol:

katyk said:
Wow your sis is an encouraging story Rosebay :cheer:

I know! Also when she was in the 2ww with her first she was knocked off her bike by a lorry and it ran over her foot and broke it. She refused all pain relief at hospital in case she was pg and then had to go through a lot of physio while pg (was told she'd not walk on it again at one point) but now she doesn't even limp on it! She's a very strong lady! She hasn't ruled out baby number 3 either! She didn't find the right guy until 5 years ago though, there's not a lot you can do if that's the case (she'd wanted kids for a long time)

+++

Definatly - first time round I got pregnant from a split condom, even tho I had v irregular periods (just a few a year :shock: ) spose the timing was right...

BUT

the timing has been spot on for months now :wall: and also if they are right about my fibroids and the fact they can work against a pregnancy sticking..they're more common from the age of 30 onwards :(

I'm 31 in December and we've in month 2 TCC. I was on the contraceptive injection for most of my 20's so I didn't have cycles so I haven't got a clue if they have changed from what they were!!

I just hope it happens for us soon

xx :pray:

I turned 32 last week and have been TTC just short of a year now.

I was on the pill from age 18 and cant really remember what my cycles were like before then! They were pretty regular for the first 8 months after coming off the pill, but have been a bit erratic the past 3!!

I do wish I was younger, however I dont wish I had started TTC when I was younger, as circumstances just wouldn't have been right - I was with someone for 10 years and it ended really badly - my only wish is I hadn't wasted so many years of my life with the rat! I have only been married 10 months and dh and I have been together just under 4 years. Only now do I feel ready and settled enough to start a family.... I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later!!

J x

I was 38 when I fell pregnant after TTC for 9 months, unfortunatly I miscarried but 8 months I fell pregnant again when I was 39 and gave birth to my baby at the 'ripe old age of 40! :D

we are hoping to try for another baby later this year and my doc has said he can see no reason why I should not concieve again.

I think some people give up, it's easy to after repeated m/c's or if it's taking people ages to conceive, but maybe success comes to those who keep trying :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back