3 years + of TTC, feeling down

MrsDavenport

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I don't know if I will get any response to this post, but I don't know where else to turn right now,

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years now and other than one pregnancy which ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks I have not fallen pregnant at all, I seem to be ovulating (so the pee sticks tell me), I time it, I don't smoke, have stopped drinking, am taking all the right vitimans and eating well - and still nothing. Month in month out I fill myself up with hope only to come crashing back down again and it is getting to me.

I feel so alone with my thoughts and feelings, friends are getting pregnant around me and my sister keeps talking about her and her OH trying for another baby which only makes me feel worse, to the point where I am starting to feel a little resentful which is horrible.

My husband is so matter of fact about it all - he just says we will get looked at and tested, and if we can't have a baby together then we will just accept it....I just don't think I can accept the fact I may never have his child or carry a baby of our own, is this selfish of me?

I have a almost 6 year old from a previous relationship, my husband has raised him ever since he was 8 weeks old, and I know I am lucky to have him and count my blessings for him everyday, yet still I would love to have a baby with the man I married, again am I selfish?

I feel crushed that once again I am not pregnant this month (I could take shares out with First response), and think I may need to start facing facts, that I am probably never getting pregnant naturally.

If anyone is in the same boat I would love to hear from you, maybe it would stop me feeling so alone with it all.

Gemma xx

How old are you Hun? Have you been to the gp for bloods and investigations ? X

BabyDust *****

I'm kind of in a similar situation apart from neither of us have any other children. I've just written what feels like my life story over in my journal in the TTC journal section, we've just started having tests etc so it may be of interest. I'd re-write it all here but there's a lot of waffle...! ;) x

Sorry you are struggling. Apart from infertility of some kind, the most common reason for not falling pregnant is not having enough sex. I think we get too hung up on OPK sticks and forget about the days beforehand and even the days after in case our body surged and didn't manage to ovulate and then goes again.
Have you spoken to your GP about it?

I am 37 years old, just found out i am pregnant. I have three wonderful boys, with one man we were together 13 years but split when my youngest was 7 months old. I am now living with a man and been together for three years. The thing is i am scared about it having another child, and being the only parent to care for it. I love the man i am with, but he works long hours and is gone for weeks at a time. What am i to do to raise this child alone, one day i was browsing on the internet i saw chief oduduwa L, on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) or +2348165061583, testimony saying that he help people who can’t get pregnant, and people that don’t have any child that are looking for, i quickly took his email and contact him for help after doing what he ask me to do things change and that day i got my self back again and i was having enough power and every thing went through. So i contact my friend that live in NYC she has be married for 12 years but no child, to my best surprise my friend that was childless for the past 12 years was pregnant oh my God with oduduwa all thing are possible

^^reported^^

Really sorry to hear what you're going through. I can only suggest what the others have but just wanted to say you're not alone and send hugs xx

Last edited:
Hi Hun

You are not alone!! We have been trying for almost 2 years with one mc at 5 weeks, this is our first child. I am 34, hubby 35. I think the emotion you invest when TTC is immense, you get positive and hopefully around ov, then anxious to know in the 2ww and then ( for me anyway) very low when AF arrives, month after month it is draining and your other half can't possibly fully understand because they don't go through it physically or to as much extent emotionally. I totally get how ya feeling cause my AF arrived yesterday and as always it was tears and frustration. My best friend has just had a baby and I just don't feel I can get totally involved and like you I feel selfish about this. I think as a women we yearn to carry a baby, it's a natural instinct! So don't beat yourself up for how you feel, you have every right to feel what you feel cause it's tough!! I am going for a lap and dye in June, maybe some investigation work would give you more hope and help keep you going??

Take care

Hope you feel stronger soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back