Feel So Down!

LaurLaur

Reaction score
I've had a really nice relaxing bath, and now Alex is round. My parent's are out so we are sat in front of the TV watching the Soaps! We were snuggling on the sofa for all of 10 minutes, until I burst into tears and ran off crying. I think it's just hit me that it isn't our month, this month.

I think seeing Alex had made me feel like I have let him down somehow. It's how I feel. I want to be with him, but I also want to be on my own. I just don't know what to do. I never dreamt that this would make me feel this way. I know it isn't very common to concieve in your first month of trying, but then I search on the internet, and at my age, 25% of people get pregnant in the first month of trying. That's 1 in 4. Why couldn't we be that 1!

I'm so sorry, and I'm sorry if I seem selfish. I know so many of you have been trying for so long, but I don't think this is right to feel like this. Maybe, we shouldn't bother trying again. Not if it makes me feel like this! :cry: :cry:

oh honey i completely understand. thats just how i feel. we have been TTC for nearly 14 months now. I'm only 20 so i should concieve easily but so far i havent. my AF arrived yesterday and i was totally miserable because i feel my body has failed me yet again and that i've let Rob down for another month. if you need someone in the same boat to talk to you know where i am, as are all the girls here. PM me if you wanna talk more. Im sending you lots of babydust and pray that it happens for you soon xx

Thank you both so much! I need some hugs, and like I said Alex is here, but atm I just don't feel like I deserve him, and I don't feel like I can be with him atm. Is that stupid? I just need some time on my own. AF hasn't even arrived yet, but I took a test today at the doctors and it was negative, plus I feel so ill with this virus, that nothing would stick around in there! :cry:

Suzie: Like I said, there are so many people who have been trying so much longer than us, so I really have so much sympathy with you, and you are amazing people. Seriously. I wish you all, all the luck in the world. I'm always here too. Being the same age as you, maybe we could relate to each other well.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: To you both too..and hope that you both catch that eggy soon! :pray:

thank hun. its not stupid to want him around then not. im exactly the same with Rob and bless his heart he just puts up with it, as i have no doubt Alex will. its an emotional rollercoaster and that feeling is a normal reaction. i envy that loads of my friends have babies, most of which were 'accidents'. im quite selfish and often think "but why not me?!". that is a completely normal feeling too. like i said feel free to PM me if you want support xx

LaurLaur said:
I've had a really nice relaxing bath, and now Alex is round. My parent's are out so we are sat in front of the TV watching the Soaps! We were snuggling on the sofa for all of 10 minutes, until I burst into tears and ran off crying. I think it's just hit me that it isn't our month, this month.

I think seeing Alex had made me feel like I have let him down somehow. It's how I feel. I want to be with him, but I also want to be on my own. I just don't know what to do. I never dreamt that this would make me feel this way. I know it isn't very common to concieve in your first month of trying, but then I search on the internet, and at my age, 25% of people get pregnant in the first month of trying. That's 1 in 4. Why couldn't we be that 1!

I'm so sorry, and I'm sorry if I seem selfish. I know so many of you have been trying for so long, but I don't think this is right to feel like this. Maybe, we shouldn't bother trying again. Not if it makes me feel like this! :cry: :cry:

Aw sweetheart, chin up! We did conceive on our first month of trying but miscarried, so even though we were one of those one in four we still don't have our baby yet. Try not to get too tied up in statistics. It will happen for you :hug:

I'm trying so hard to keep my chin up, and to keep positive. AF Isn't here yet, it could still happen for us, but I really don't think it will.

I really hope you get that sticky BFP soon hun. You deserve it so much! :hug:

We all deserve it lovely! And it will happen. Don't know if it will be our month either, as my cycle is all over the place, but am damn well going to give it my best shot!

Stay positive and focus on getting well. It's easy to feel low when you are feeling poorly - I was in tears all the time when I had gastritis as I felt sooooo ill! Let that lovely man of yours take care of you - but if you need some time by yourself I'm sure he'll understand that too. :hug:

Thank You hun! :hug: He is making me a warm drink now..Warm water with a piece of Lemon in it. Ew!!

Can I just ask hun, how long did it take to get over this gastritis? I hope it doesn't last long, I have had it since yesterday and already feel so weak and horrible!

Alex has got a blanket on the sofa as well, so we are going to watch Im a Celeb at 9! :angel:

I was off work for a week - but a lot of the end of that week was because I was so weak from not being able to eat (I don't do well without food) but only felt REALLY poorly for a few days.

Try and manage some bland food if you can - avoid too much dairy or anything too rich or spicy. Try some toast, crackers or plain biscuits to get your tummy used to keeping something down. Most of all keep up with the fluids as you'll feel even worse if you're dehydrated.

I love hot water with lemon!!!!

Big hugs :hug:

I just really hope it doesn't last too long. I have felt really awful today and yesterday, but I'm meant to be going out tomoro, to the pub first with my cousin (who has just found out she is pregnant) and her boyfriend, and then going to the cinema with a couple of my best friends. But I think I'm going to have to cancel if I still feel like this tomoro :cry:

Did you have to get a back to work form from your doctor? I have to. I was told it was the law now, but not sure whether that's just my work being funny so and so's. Anyway, I have another appointment with the doctor on Monday to see how I feel, and if I have been sickness free for 48 hours, I have to go back to work! :cry: I would love to feel better, but I'm gutted about going back to work LOL!

I don't like hot water. But it makes me feel less sick than cold water, especially from the tap.

Oh, I'm watching something about phobia's on ITV. I love that Liz McClarnon who is on it, the one that used to be in Atomic Kitten. I think she is grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :angel:

You need a note from the doctor if you are off for seven days or more. I didn't need one as I was only off Monday to Friday. You definitely need to make sure you wait until 48 hours after you stop being sick before you go back to work. (Can you tell I work for the NHS? :lol: )

I work in a nursery in the day, well until 5 or 6, and then for 2 nights a week, I work in a pub. I have been told, that because I'm working with food, I have to wait until I have stopped being sick for 48 hours, and then I have to go and get a "Clearance Note" from my GP. I popped in today, and saw the Dr who told me I have this gastritis, and then said that I should be OK given a week maximum.

But when I go back to work, I have to take this note with me, and fill in a returning to work form. I have been told by people that because I am off for more than 3 days, I am entitled to sick pay, especially with this doctors note. Do you think this is right? :eek:

Sick pay varies from place to place so you'd need to check.

I'd be more worried about going back too early and making the kids sick than worrying about pub patrons!

That's the other reason I was off for a full week, to protect my elderly patients who could get very sick if I gave it to them.

I reckon the kid's are why I have it in the first place LOL Little germ carriers! :puke: :rotfl: Gosh, I love them really. We all have children who we are the Keyworkers for, so we are their main carers in the nursery, and we have to update their files, and what have you. The other day, one of the little ones in my key group had this sickness thing, and he wanted loads of cuddles, so I gave them to him! :puke: Dammit.
I don't want to go back to work to soon. I've done it before. Well school. I went back for a week, and ended up having another 2 weeks off after! :doh:

I think the pub are more worried about people thinking it's food poisoning! The food there isn't too fabulous anyway. Seriously, if you spoke to me, you wouldn't think I worked there. I will tell you the truth. The customers know that so will always ask me what I think of things! LOL!

He he he he!

Stay off til you are better at the end of the day! You can always tell a little white lie and say you are still being sick....

That's what I thought of doing as well, but that means ANOTHER trip to the doctors, and I hate those at the best of times! :think: But it might well be easier than going back to work! :shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back