3 year old tired

Melily24

Reaction score
Hi. My DD will be 3 next month. She is very active, full of beans. Lately she is just soo tired. In past 6 days she has fallen asleep on 3 afternoons on the couch. This is not my DD. She stopped napping at age 2, as did her brother. Not my choice, but their own. Up at 6:00 and bed at 7pm. Usually. She is still going to bed at 7pm but is sleeping easily till 7am.
Is she just having a growth spurt? Do they still make them tired like it does babies? How long can this go on for? I'm not bothered as such, just abit concerned that its something else and I'm missing it.
Thanks. xxx

My DD does this sometimes and seems to coincide with a growth spurt.

If it's on going, ask a dr :) x

Thanks for your reply. It is ongoing. She is just so tired and looks dreadful - when she feels tired that is. Rest of time she looks normal. But this week by 11am she was lying on the couch at her half day care as she was already tired. She only starts at 9, this is so not her. So I've got a dr app for Monday - more for my peace of mind than anything else. xxx

Hiya. Dr checked her heart and lungs and they were good, but she found it strange that she has been so tired for 6 weeks. So ordered a whole lot of blood tests for her, just to be on the safe side. Said either something will come out of it, or if there is nothing, then it is just the age.
So, we went for blood tests - bloody awful.. :-(
But! the good news is there is nothing wrong with her and I must say the past 4 days she has been herself again, no tiredness in sight :)
Thank you for asking. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back