3 year old bedtime!

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Havent been on here in agggeeess, those of u who know me might remember that me and my partner are ttc (still no luck :wall: )

anyway, our little boy Josh is 3 and we're having trouble getting him to sleep in his own bed. we've always had this problem and most of the time we've just given in and let him sleep in our bed (yes i know its bad :oops: ).

its gonna be really hard getting him to sleep in his own room after this long, just wondering if anyone got any tips on how to make it easier??

Has he got a favourite toy? if so, then make sure it goes everywhere with him like a security thing, and then when its bedtime say its ok coz u have ___ with u.. like i do with Jaycee and tigger. she cant sleep without him and a baby(toy) lol! I tuck baby in then tuck jaycee in with tigger and tell her to help baby sleep etc. just talking softly, explain its bedtime and he's a big boy and needs him own bed!
And most importantly..DONT give in!!! If he screams, its okay, just leave him!! He WILL get used to it!! Jaycee screamed for 2 hrs before settling and it took a week to get her to go down well from her 1st bday! Now she is great! just pop her in with baby and tigger and she's gone!
It breaks your heart to hear them scream but it has to be done!! If he gets bad after 20 mins, go in, calm him down in his cot (dont get him out) and then leave after 2-3 mins, then after 20 mins of more screaming, go in for 1 min and make it sorter the next time. only go in 3 times then next night 2 then one then dne go in at all. no matter what do not let him in your bed! I made the mistake of letting her watch a film b4 bed in my room! Now she chills out of the sofa in the last hour coming up to bed, no sweets, no food, no toys, just juice/milk and in PJs. then at dead on 8 shes in bed and with no sound!
I cried so much when i let her scream! But it neds to be done, your not hurting him just teaching him!
Sorry to ramble!! xx

thanks for that, i'll give it a try and let u know how it goes xx

my bil put my nephew in his own bed 42 times in one night once

That supernanny is enough to make you cry, some of those kids are EVIL!
Good luck kirtsy x :hug:
(And lots of baby dust!)

Hi i had this problem with kai, he was in our bed from about 8 months old till just after his 4th bday :oops: anyway he goes in his bed now all night everynight, we have a routine which we stick to an it works, we have dinner then play for a bit, then bath, glass of milk, then bed he goes down no problem now, but it did take a week like Jayceesmumma said u have to just be strong an leave them. It is hard but well worth it cos like u we r TTC an it was impossible with kai in with us obviously lol!
Good luck hun
and lots of bady dust too
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27