Bedwetting?

nissa

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone still had a bedwetter at home? My DD is 7 and wets nearly everynight.

She has had scans and tests and they don't really know why it's happening. She was dry for 18 months starting just before she was 3 but had a few urine infections and it started from then.

She has had a bed wetting alarm which just woke me up not her! She is a heavy sleeper bless her!

She has had a 3 month course of DesmoMelt which is supposed to stop the production of urine at night but even they didn't work!

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of this or any tips? She is going away in March on holiday with my dad and is desperate to be dry for then!

http://www.embarrassingproblems.co.uk/bedChildren1.htm

My brother wet the bed regularly right through til his early twenties (he's 30 now) and my mum tried EVERYTHING. some
things worked for a few weeks/months and most things were just a nuisance or embarasssment. I have been trying to look for the National Eneuresis Society number but can't find it, they were excellent when I rang about a child in work a couple of years ago. The nasal spray seemed to be the most effective treatment for my bro, but it only worked for about 6 months.
Some treatments suggest 'exercising' the bladder during the day, treating it like a balloon, stretching it to increase capacity, get Phoebe to drink more during the day as a start.
Not sure what else to say but some of the statistics on the link are encouraging.

My son wet the bed often until he was 7! Not every night! I realised that he tended to do it at around the same time each night and at midnight I would go get him and take him toilet (felt bad at the time) but it worked and he got into the pattern himself eventually and now has since only wet the bed twice (its been about a year and half?)
Im not saying this will work for everyone but it may be worth trying as it did for my son! He was such a heavy sleeper too and thats what the problem was! That and the fact that he naturally fell asleep late! (I would put them all in bed at 7.30 and Dillon would still be lay there awake at 10!)
I realised that the later he fell asleep, the more chance of him peeing! I think he just go so tired and into such a deep sleep he didnt wake when his body was saying got toilet!
He never knew he had wee'd! He used to say someone had poured a drink on his bed poor lad!

My son is nearly 6 and wets every night. I've tried taking him to the loo before I go to bed but most nights found he'd already wet it. he's back in pull ups as I just cant keep changing his bedding. I'm also at the end of my tether with him. I have 4 sons, he's my youngest and the other 3 were all clean before the age of 3 day and night. I've tried everything. I'm pleased it's not only me. I must admit I haven't even thought about taking him to the gp to check nothing is wrong medically, will make an appointment on monday. Let me know if you find a cure! :hug:

My little brother did this for years, probably until he was about 8 (he's 30 now and doesn't thankfully!) and what it really boiled down to with him was food allergies. He was hyper-active because of allergies and it was part of the whole package. Once my mum realised this and totally cut out his triggers (colourings, flavourings, orange, tomato, chocolate and for a while milk) it stopped. He couldn't even take Matey bubble bath as the blue colouring entering his skin used to set him off. Ok so it's a stab in the dark but it's worth considering..?

http://www.pathlights.com/nr_encyclopedia/14chil05.htm

Good luck
+++

p.s. it was repeated antibiotics for tonsilitus that triggered my brother's allergies they think- perhaps the antibiotics for the urinary infections haven't helped her whole system. I get a lot of UTIs and the antibiotics knock me for six, I had thrush for months after the last lot, it took me ages to get my balance right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back