2nd Tired Stage??

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Kerry, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Well, I am just over 27 weeks and feeling really tired again after weeks of feeling full of energy. Is it just because I missed my lie in at the weekend and I have a cold, or is this the slippery slope towards being tired all the time again??

2. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Awww
    My energy levels have been up and down virually my whole pregnancy.

I feel fine in the day, generally, but come 8 o'clock I feel like getting tucked up in bed, which is a pity, as my bladder doesn't sleep till about 2am!

3. ToriElla

ToriElla Well-Known Member

I'm feeling more tired again too. Some days I have more energy that others - I think it depends on if the baby is having a growth spurt! x

4. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

I was really tired until I left work at 36 weeks. I then had this major energy spurt and crazy full-on nesting thing going for about a fortnight. Right now I'm back to no energy but having said that if I do nap in the day I can't sleep at night so it's not as bad as it was for most of the second trimester. Hopefully it's just a temporary blip Kerry!

+++

5. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Tired and breathless most of the time at 31 weeks!

Though the doctor says I'm carrying a lot of fluid, and possibly anaemic on top of that.

But yep! I tire very quickly now.

Sue

6. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

Hoping that after a few early nights and a bit of TLC for my cold I will feel better again.

Ready for bed now!!.....................its 6pm!!!

7. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

But Kerry, you also have two small children! of course you're tired.

I regularly have this conversation with a friend of mine -

me - hi, oh you look tired...

ann - I'm always tired. I have three small children.

*HUG* You have a hot drink and a nice big bar of choccy and take them up to bed with a big romantic novel, let OH take the kids for an hour or two.

Sue

8. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

True, and they are both off school with this cold at the moment too so I am lacking in 'me time'!!! :wink:

9. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

How are your iron levels Kerry? Might be worth getting them checked out. I felt totally drained and found out I was anaemic, since starting the iron a few weeks ago I've felt a lot better and my iron levels are back up over 10 now which is great :D

10. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

I think they are ok.......I am still taking pregnacare which has all the iron and stuff in it. I was low in iron with my daughter and I don't feel quite that bad.
    Thanks though xx

11. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Pregnacare really hasn't got that much iron in it if you are low. I am taking 2 x 200mg tablets to get my levels up and I think that Pregnacare has about 17mg in it. I thought that I'd be ok with just that but it wasn't til I checked the levels with what the MW wanted me to take that I realised how little it contains. But as you said you've been low before so would probably know if it was that.

Must be a sod though being cream crackered and having little ones to contend with!

12. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

I have the midwife on Friday so will check with her but I am pretty sure it's probably just having the kids home and me having a cold too!!

Not too bad - they are good kids really so I am quite lucky, it's just draining with the constant topping up of drinks, blowing noses, playing games, doing colouring etc when I am just getting used to having time to myself during the day :roll:

Oh well, we made my xmas cake this morning which was messy but fun and I have written out my card list and am about to start writing them so at least I have been quite productive!! :wink: