28 week appointment today

valleygirl24

Reaction score
They are testing my blood for the ferrittin levels as mw thinks they may be low (even though Ive been on some iron tablets)
When I mentioned that I was in hospital monday night there hasnt been any notes passed on to them so shes going to try and chase them up as neither of us know what tests were carried out on my blood etc or what the exact results were.
I have to go back on Monday and see the lovely consultant again (the one I seen at 21 weeks and who also removed my abnormal cervical cells a year or so ago) to discuss the shortness or breath etc that I have been experiencing.
Apparently both shortness of breath and racing pulse can be down to low iron (which is why shes having my iron levels done again) and also when she looked back at my last set of blood results she noticed that one of them shows that while Im taking in iron, my body is struggling to store it.
I also now have bruising coming up on my right arm, so in a day or two I will be looking well as Ive got bruising on my left arm from the hospital

i think (someone correct me if im wrong), but drinking orange juice when you eat can help you store iron levels. also avoid tea when eating as that can have the oposite effect.. :think:

hope your consultant has some answers for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back