28 week appointment today

moss

Reaction score
It's my 28 week appointment today and to be honest I feel like it's my first proper midwife appointment... Well, I hope it will be, anyway. I felt very rushed in the 24 week appointment. She took measurements and listened to the baby's heart, but she never wrote down anything and I didn't feel like I got a second to ask. She was very nice despite this, but it just didn't feel the way I expected. I know I will be getting lots of blood taken today, but I don't know what else to expect!

I'm also nervous because it's my first appointment after my GP said I have problems with SPD and my sacroiliac joints. I want to ask about things like homebirth and waterbirth, but I'm afraid to be shut down because of this. Please wish me luck!

Good luck hunny hope it all goes well today and that you still get to have your homebirth :pray: :hug:

sarah xx

I just had my appointment and met my actual midwife for the first time. She seems very nice! :D I didn't feel rushed, but I was disappointed by one thing. I said that lately I have been getting bouts of nerves or even panic because I really have no idea what the hospital is like or what facilities it offers and she said that they don't do tours and that she will come to my home at 36 weeks to explain what to expect. I don't know if I can wait that long because I'm SO NERVOUS NOW! ARRGH!!!

Anyway. The other big problem is that the hospital does not offer patient transport unless you are already admitted, so people who don't drive tend to rely on friends and family. Well, we are new to the city with no family here and none of our friends we have met drive! I really don't know what to do because usually when you call a taxi they say there will be at least an hour wait.

glad your appt went well hun

labour tends to be a very slow process so if you called at the 1st signs for a taxi then you should be fine, if you needed to get to hospital quickly you can always call an ambulance

Thanks! I'm afraid that if I call a taxi too early I will just be sent home and I will end up spending a fortune then needing an ambulance or for my husband to be an instant midwife! I guess these are questions for the midwives but they don't seem to want to discuss in such detail until my 36 week home visit and I just can't wait that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back