**2009 Weight Loss Thread**VALENTINES DAY CHALLENGE**

I have sinned! :oops: Been having a hard time with the PND over the past couple days. Ate 4 danish pastries yesterday!! and 2 more for breakfast this morning along with 2 fudge heroes and 2 chocolate eclair ones!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was doing so well too! Damn that comfort eating! Will try and put it behind me and carry on being good from now :angel:
Will get my lard laden arse on the wii fit later!

Aww muppetmummy :hug: :hug: :hug: Don't worry, tomorrow's another day! FWIW I feel like sinning myself. There's a bottle of wine in the cupboard with my name on for Saturday night but it's awfully tempting to open it this evening...must resist!!!

Yesterday was a bit :? I had:

B/L (at about half 12!): 3 scrambled eggs, small tin baked beans.
Snack: 1 apple, 2 truffles (grrr!), handful peanuts and raisins.
Dinner: 1 quorn cheese and tomato escalope, massive pile of vegetables and gravy. 1 light muller corner yogurt (still about 200 calories, argh!!!)
Snack: Carrot sticks with tzatziki, 1 cup of ovaltine light.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Today looks better so far:

B: 1 slice wholemeal granary toast with lurpak light and marmite. 1 pear, 1 Actimel light cherry yogurt.
L: Smoked mackerel fillet with mixed salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, raddishes) and extra light mayo. 1 apple.

No idea what I'm having for dinner yet - most likely quorn fillets with veg, or I might make some quorn mince in gravy with veg....not too sure yet!

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

C xxx

I'm doing ok. I'm having a bowl of special K with semi skimmed milk, handfull of raisins, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk, no sugar.

Water during the day and tea (again with semi skimmed milk and no sugar).

Then proper dinner, last night was roast turkey, roast potatoes and veg.

No snacks. No pop. No alcohol.

Although watching that Paul Mackenna the other night on Living has made me think I shouldn't be going hungry :think: He said theres 4 golden rules:

1. Eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat what you want.
3. Eat consciously (slowly, chew each mouthful 20 times and place down knife and fork between mouthfulls.
4. Stop when you are full.

Yeah right :roll:

Oh and I'm still doing 3 sets of 40 sit ups a day, my tummy is much flatter already :)

Lou said:
Although watching that Paul Mackenna the other night on Living has made me think I shouldn't be going hungry :think: He said theres 4 golden rules:

1. Eat when you are hungry. all the time
2. Eat what you want. junk junk and more junk
3. Eat consciously (slowly, chew each mouthful 20 times and place down knife and fork between mouthfulls. I dont have time for this
4. Stop when you are full. Never!

So according to Mackenna, I shall follow his advice and grow to gargantuan proportions! :roll:

Ive lost another 2lbs! :cheer: This "not having time to eat" diet works! :roll: :roll:

ninjawomble said:
Lou said:

1. Eat when you are hungry. all the time
2. Eat what you want. junk junk and more junk
3. Eat consciously (slowly, chew each mouthful 20 times and place down knife and fork between mouthfulls. I dont have time for this
4. Stop when you are full. Never!

So according to Mackenna, I shall follow his advice and grow to gargantuan proportions! :roll:

Ive lost another 2lbs! :cheer: This "not having time to eat" diet works! :roll: :roll:

I agree. He reckons people who starve themselves only end up binge eating to compensate, I haven't binged yet, its about self control isn't it!? :roll:

I was 11 st 12 lbs when i weighed myself yesterday and ive lost 2 lbs.... i want to be 10 stone by Valentines Day (when i will go and pig out on my Vantines meal :rotfl: ) Please can you add me. Thanks :hug:

Oh my! I went back to my Scottish Slimmers class today and I gained 5lbs over christmas!! :oops: :oops:

I am much heavier than I thought I was! Right serious diet time for me! I have a lovely baked potato and salad planned for dinner tonight! I also have cans of diet coke with cherry to settle my sweet cravings.

I want to lose at least 10lbs by Valentines Day, if possible!! :lol:

Lou said:

2. Eat what you want.
3. Eat consciously (slowly, chew each mouthful 20 times and place down knife and fork between mouthfulls.

I watched that and decided to give it a try.... took me fookin ages to eat a piggin sandwich lunchtime, but I was following an adapted version going like this:
step 1: pick up sandwich
step 2: take a bite
step 3: put sandwich down
step 4: chew 20 times
step 5: swallow
step 6: pick up baby
step 7: insert bottle
step 8: give an oz or 2
step 9: wind baby
step 10: put baby down
step 11: go back to step 1
(occasionally change the feeding baby part for the emergency nappy change lol)

At this rate I WILL lose weight because that one sandwich will take all flamin day to eat!!!!! :rotfl:

As for the emotional eating techniques (tapping the pressure points) we walked past the school and they obviously had chocolate pudding on the menu..... tapping went into overdrive all in public - I must have looked a right nutter.... worked though as I didn't buy chocolate cake!!!

If it doesn't work I might try Sarah H's juice frenzy lol. But my GP said that in 3 months she'll put me on weight loss meds (as long as my bp has gone down and my anaemia has gone :dance:

Sarah xxx

Rah! I ate 4 mince pies tonight! :oops: I'm not doing very well at this! :wall: :wall:

Start again tomorrow! :oops:

CH0C0H0LIC said:
Lou said:

2. Eat what you want.

I watched that and decided to give it a try.... took me fookin ages to eat a piggin sandwich lunchtime, but I was following an adapted version going like this:
step 1: pick up sandwich
step 2: take a bite
step 3: put sandwich down
step 4: chew 20 times
step 5: swallow
step 6: pick up baby
step 7: insert bottle
step 8: give an oz or 2
step 9: wind baby
step 10: put baby down
step 11: go back to step 1
(occasionally change the feeding baby part for the emergency nappy change lol)

At this rate I WILL lose weight because that one sandwich will take all flamin day to eat!!!!! :rotfl:

As for the emotional eating techniques (tapping the pressure points) we walked past the school and they obviously had chocolate pudding on the menu..... tapping went into overdrive all in public - I must have looked a right nutter.... worked though as I didn't buy chocolate cake!!!

If it doesn't work I might try Sarah H's juice frenzy lol. But my GP said that in 3 months she'll put me on weight loss meds (as long as my bp has gone down and my anaemia has gone :dance:

Sarah xxx

lol How many times did you put the bottle in your mouth? I didn't watch it long enough to see the tapping thing. Sounds weird :roll:

I've been to a paul mckenna 'lose weight' show a couple of years ago. It was actually really good and I did lose weight, also couldn't eat chocolate without gagging! I soon put a stop to that though- it took me a while to re-train myself but I can now eat chocolate without that mouth watering feeling when you're gonna be sick!

Bit stupid of me really... Anyhoo, the NLP (tapping stuff) is good too and works- even if it only distracts you for the time being :rotfl:

I couldn't stop eating yesterday, although I still stayed within my ww points so hopefully didn't do too much damage. Managed to get out and go for a walk but no wii as was way too shattered. Off to buggyfit today and started off well with breakfast of Bran flakes, banana and tea.

I haven't even had a cup of tea yet today :( My fridge and cupboards are empty waiting for Tesco's to deliver my shopping. COME ON!!! I'M GAGGING :evil:

I was good yesterday... until Ewan got home from work and we ended up ordering a chinese for dinner!!

Today however, I had a 30g bowl of tesco's special flakes with 125ml of semi-skimmed milk. At 11am I made myself an egg in a cup with 2 slices of wholemeal toast, then i got myself 2 more slices an hour later! :doh: I am doing everything I can to fight the urge to go back in the kitchen for 2 more slices of toast!!

No idea what I am having for dinner! I will try to be a good girl this time. No more take aways!! :pray:

Today I have had...

2 cups of tea, semi skimmed milk, no sugar.

1 bowl of special K with semi skimmed milk and one small box of raisins sprinkled on.

Water.

I tried jogging with the buggy back from play centre but only managed little spurts so stopped and started all the way, but hey you have to start somewhere! :) I've done 2 lots of 40 sit ups and some lunges and for dinner I am having penne pasta with chunky veg dolmio and garlic bread and side salad.

No snacks. No pop. No booze. no fun.

:D

I've been good and stuck to my ww points today, walked into the village too which is a 20 min walk each way :D

muppetmummy said:
I've been good and stuck to my ww points today, walked into the village too which is a 20 min walk each way :D

:clap: You feel better too when you get a bit of exercise don't you, well I do anyway :)

Had a bit of a mixed evening last night...brother opened a box of cheese straws and I ate 4 :doh: :doh: :doh: I had a quorn cheese and leek fillet with peas and carrots for dinner, so that was good, and I had a bag of yogurt coated raisins (tiny bag) and an ovaltine light as a snack. Hmmm....not sure if I will lose weight this week or not. I have a bottle of wine planned for Saturday night....a whole bottle to myself, hooray! I haven't touched any alcohol all week so hope it won't do too much damage...I can't give up my wine though...love it too much :? :? :?

Today:

B: 1 slice wholemeal granary toast with lurpak light and marmite. Cherry activia yogurt and 1 pear.
L: Carrot sticks with tzatziki, 1 bag of walkers sour cream and chive baked crisps, 1 apple. Small handful peanuts and raisins.

Going to make myself a quorn mince experiment for dinner :lol: Just mince with tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic, gravy granules (for flavour) and some mixed veg stirred in...probs peas and sweetcorn. Will be yummy I hope!

C xxx

My dinner was fab. Worth being peckish all day for. I'm enjoying my evening meal much more because I'm not snacking atall during the day. I'm also eating less than usual, I think maybe my stomache has shrunk a little? :think:

Very proud of myself today! Went for a 30 minute walk around the local park, then had a weight watchers pizza (actually was quite nice) with salad for lunch and a toffee muller light. Then went to buggy fit and managed to do a bit of running today instead of just power walking. For dinner I had home made chips with courgette & mushroom omelete and a ww dessert. I'm going to have an options hot chocolate now to warm me up then a bit later will try and do some yoga on the wii. I feel all saintly but I did have some maltesers earlier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back