2008 Holidays. Are you going away this year?

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
I'm bored and we booked our holidays last week (before I lost my job :roll: ) and wondered if and where everyone else is going.
I probs sound real nosey :oops:

If you're going away this year abroad or in and around the UK/Ireland/Scotland etc..

Where are you going?
What month are you going?
How long are you going for?
Why did you choose that location?
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it?

I'll go first:
Where are you going? We're going camping to the Lake District and to Spain to stay with my Grandparents
What month are you going? We're going camping May bank holiday and then to Spain July 31st
How long are you going for? Going camping for 3 nights and to Spain for 16 nights
Why did you choose that location? Lake District: Because I've never been, my OH has and enjoyed it and Ive heard good reviews from other people. Spain: Because we'll be visiting my Grandparents and also, I love the people, the area, the food etc..
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing(s) about it? The Sun, swimming pools, Resturants, the people and night life!

We went to the Dominican Republic for the first 2 weeks in February which was our "last child free" holiday.

Where are you going? A static caravan in Devon
What month are you going? August
How long are you going for? 2 weeks
Why did you choose that location? OH parents go EVERY year and its lovely.
I just love the fact that its a real family thing, My OH's bro and his gf and baby will be there also, they wernt there last yr!!

Where are you going? mini European trip, from OXford, through France, Belgium, day & night in Germany, through Holland, Denmark & into Sweden where we will stay in Darlana for 4 nights, up further north to Leksand for 2 nights, down to Gothenburg & the south coast for around 5 days, hoen to Denmark & stopping in Copenhagen, across to Holland & staying day & night in AMsterdam, back through GErmany & Beligium & across to France where we will stay for a week before heading home.

How long are you going for? Just over 3 weeks

Why did you choose that location? Sweden, visit friends & family & have some us time on the west coast, decided to drive though to stop over in different countries, sticking the tent in the boot & popping it up wherever we stop : )

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? Sweden.... the beautiful countryside & the lakes & the rugged coast :D France, the bread!!

Well that's our main one anyway

JUNE- we're also off to Sweden , Stockholm in June for a weekend for a friends wedding
March- Blackpool, weekend of tack & fun with kids for long easter week, DH has never been and is so intrigued!!
End of August- Devon
End of Dec- Sweden for fil 60th & SNOW!!! :D

probably some random weekends with the tent in the car too :)

:)

We have passport complications for lil miss :cry: so can't really go anywhere... Shes been registered as Finnish, so our holidays will probably consist of travelling to Madrid to register her birth with the Finnish embassy and apply for her passport. :roll: oooooo the excitement... although we did go on a Disney cruise last year...

Where are you going? newquay

What month are you going? july

How long are you going for? 2 weeks

Why did you choose that location? we love newquay, my husband would move there if it wasnt for me.

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? the location is fantastic and the beaches are beautful, there is something to do for all ages

We have no trips planned this year. My hubby's mother is over for about 10 weeks visiting us from Australia. Not all of it spend with us I should add. 3 weeks at the start of her trip and 3 at the end to spend time with grandchild :)

We hope to go back to Australia for an extended trip in 2009 however. Maybe a few months even to see the family and friends. In between now and then we'll take our usual weekend breaks and camping on weekends :) Neither hubby or I am into beach and sunshine holidays. That'd be my idea of hell not heaven for our hols :roll: If anything we are more likely to go to the Alps or cycling across Belgium and the Netherlands. Or a canal holiday... ooo now theres an idea :think:

Where are you going? We are going to Centreparcs at Longleat

What month are you going? End of September

How long are you going for? 4 Nights

Why did you choose that location? I want to go to Dorset again and OH wants to go some other places so that was quite a good central point to stay and lots to do onsite so will never get bored.

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? Never been before but soooo looking forward to it. :cheer:

Where are you going? : Spain (Costa Brava)
What month are you going? : May
How long are you going for? : 1 week
Why did you choose that location? : it was a cheap internet deal
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? : I've not been to this particular part before (well I have but I was about 3) but Spain is nice in general - just a good not-too-expensive family beach holiday.

edit: Squiglet do you live near Costa Brava by any chance? Do you know if it's nice?

Me me me!!

Where are you going? Well we are hoping to be living in the states by the end of the year so only having a few little holidays.... Me and Arianna are going to go to Cardiff and stay with my relatives as I havent seen them since my wedding and they have yet to meet Arianna - I can't wait!!! And then we are hoping to have a week or so somewhere abroad - maybe Greece or somewhere one of the trips Brian is home.

What month are you going? Not sure as yet.... early summer for Cardiff I hope

How long are you going for? 1wk

Why did you choose that location? To see my lovely family that I miss so much :cry:

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? Getting a big cuddle from my Uncle Keith and Auntie Linda... having a night out with my cousins Diane, Chris and Sian at the St Fagans pub having a good laugh with the locals as they make you feel so, so welcome and basically just being able to chill out at my aunts house or jump on the train for a short journey in to the middle of Cardiff.

Where are you going?
South Wales :lol:

Twice Every Month.

A Week Each Time.

Its Where Im From, All My Family & Friends Are There.

Theres No Place Like Home :)

Sounds like you all have some fab holidays coming up!

Xena - My Grandparents live in Torrevieja which is about an hour from Costa Brava depending on the exact location you'll be at as Costa Brava is a big place. They said that there are some lovely beaches there and alot of shops around but as they don't know where abouts your staying they can't give you a better idea. But I found this:
Besides the obvious attractions of its many wonderful beaches, the Costa Brava (meaning Wild Coast) is also an ideal base from which to explore the countless treasures of Catalonia. The regional capital of Barcelona must surely rank as one of the most fascinating cities on the planet with its mind-blowing Gaudi architecture, Pablo Picasso museum, Olympic village and world-famous La Rambla boulevard. The Salvador Dali museum at Figueres is one of the region's most popular tourist spots along with the Benedictine Monastery at Montserrat, perched high amid some extraordinary rock formations in the mountains to the north west of Barcelona. Europe's biggest water park is located just outside Lloret de Mar and the Marineland complex near Blanes is another hugely popular family day out with its dolphin, sea lion and parrot shows, water slides, reptile house and children's zoo.
from here Clickly

Where are you going?
We are going to Devon Cliffs which is a haven

We are going the 1st week in june

We are going for 1 week

Because it is there flagship park and i have been before when i was 12

Dont remember to much but what i do remember it as fun.

Where are you going?
Skipsea on the Yorkshire coast

July

4 nights

I asked myself what on Earth do you do with a 1 year old on holiday? Take them to the seaside and go and look at some big fishies :lol: So we are going to The Deep :cheer:

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? Never been, hope its nice

I'm jealous, we're not planning on going anywhere this year. Money will be tight with me on maternity leave :cry:

Will have to make up for it next year :D

Where are you going? been to reykjavik, iceland already. later in year hope to go to amsterdam or ibiza
What month are you going? iceland was march, the next one will probably be september
How long are you going for? went for a few days, and the next will be the same, just a few days or week at most
Why did you choose that location? all 3 locations are fab!
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? the only one i'd been to before (before went to iceland) was ibiza and i just love the vibe and the clubs :D my boyfs been to amsterdam and he says its great fun also its very pretty. can now say the same for iceland :)

Where are you going? Warminster
What month are you going? June
How long are you going for? 2 nights (staying in a Travel Lodge)
Why did you choose that location? We are going to Longleat Safari Park
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? Not been before.

:rotfl: I don't think we will be going on a proper holiday this year but I wanted to join in. I am looking forward to it though :cheer:

where are you going? Thailand & Dubai
what month you going? May
how long are you going for? 2 week
why did you chosse that location? we go every year
and if you've been there befire what is your fave thing? the weather, the people, the food, the scenery - everything. Havent done dubai before though so thats new.

Where are you going? La France. We're going to a place called Plougonvelin in Finistere which is one of the regions of Brittany.

What month are you going? 31st May - 7th June

How long are you going for? a week

Why did you choose that location? We were going to take our caravan over but because we've got the baby now, going from Portsmouth/Dover/Poole etc is too far to get to...Plymouth is an expensive crossing so with the car & caravan it would have been about £400 alone! I booked a Brittany Ferries holiday and the crossing and the apartment for a week is £380!
And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? I love France - can't wait to stock up on vino etc. and have a "parler" with the locals.

Where are you going? - A 12 night cruise onboard Ventura and I am sooooo excited, this is the ship:

Ventura-02.jpg

and my locations are Corruna, Vigo (spain) Lisbon (portugal) tenerife, gran canaria and Madiera

What month are you going? - I leave on 31st August and come back in September. Only 5 months left :cheer:

How long are you going for? - 12 nights

Why did you choose that location? - My first cruise, I hate flying, terrified but wanted sunshine, easy for Jack too and lots of onboard activities for babies.

And if you've been there before what is your fave thing about it? - never been but so excited about new experience :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back