The Sun £9.50 holidays

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
They start tomorrow. Ive never been one one but I am collecting them just in case I can get something decent for the end of the summer.

What are the holidays like? Are they full of louts or does that depend on where you choose to go? Where have you been and how do you rate them?

We're collecting them - never have before but as we're on the cusp of buying a house :pray: :cheer: :pray: :cheer: we're going to give it a go!

We collected them when they were last doing them and we have a holiday booked in cleethorpes at thorpe park for the end of september.

Flossy82 said:
We collected them when they were last doing them and we have a holiday booked in cleethorpes at thorpe park for the end of september.

how much did that cost you in total?

I have been on a sun holiday ages ago.They do add extra supplements so i isnt £9.50 per person.
I think i paid about £75 for 4 days for me and ex husband but the price i think would have been same for 4 people as you have to pay for 4 people.
If you take your own bedding you can save some money as they charge you for that.
I enjoyed it as i couldnt afford to go abroad but the drinks are very expensive in the clubs.
There are loads of things for kids to do though
The accomadation is very basic so be prepared!

Ive been on a couple, it works out about £100 by the time you pay all the supplemnentns .

We payed 57 pounds and that was for the basic caravan but i stayed there last year and the caravan we had then was pretty good. But as were going with my mum and her partner also my brother they payed for an upgrade which was a little more but otherwise i didnt think it was a bad price all round :)

I've been twice to hayling island (went back cos it was so good). Think we paid about £50 odd in the end but that includes all your electricity etc while you're there. We got the same caravan both times and had a fab time. We went out of season so it was very quiet and not a lot going on but we quite liked that! The caravan was brilliant! You have to pay for a minimum of 4 people even if 4 of you don't go but it's still loads cheaper than booking anywhere else.

They were the only holidays we went on when I was younger as my family was always pretty poor. We've been on 2 so far as a couple/family and our last one was to Devon Cliffs and I'd recommend it. You do pay for 4 regardless of how many are going, and be prepared for the standard caravan to be really small.. next time I'd consider an upgrade as even if we had taken a travel cot we could hardly have fit it anywhere so Ryan slept on a single bed with a bed guard on and pillows... lol. Did the job but next time I would upgrade. Additional costs include linen hire (though if you ring your site when your invoice comes through they'll take that off), entertainment passes (which you only need to pay for however many adults, not 4, although they will probably charge you 4 as standard), and electricity/power charges at about £3.50 a night on average. But they are really good. The holidays aren't full of any worse people than any other time of the year, after all, even normal people love a cheap holiday and have you seen how much Haven costs for a couple for a weekend even out of season?! :shock:

Weve just come back from a sun holiday to Cornwal and it was fantastic all we needed was the caravan the carvan was lovely and just what we needed :cheer: . We so we didnt pay for the suppliments like the entertainment pass and swimming pool as Colliers still small
Well worth the money if you done need to use the other onsite facilities and still worth it if you do

The intitail cost dosnt stay at £9.50 though as a couple we had to pay the price of 4 going on holiday and its only 4 days not week
and as i mentioned the holiday parks add supplimnets on top but its still cheapers then the origianl price :D

im collceting the vouchers again as we want to take advantage of this bargin hol :D

I'm not too sure if you get choose etc but we used to go on them when we were kids and we loved them!! :cheer: We had the best times ever! To be honest, some were terrible lol but we had a laugh about it and really enjoyed ourselves! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back