20 week scan

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had my second midwife appointment today and forgot to ask the questions i wanted to (i usually jot them down!).

As im sure a lot of you are aware i suffer from crohns (dont want to keep going on about it) but due to this im on medication to try and keep me in remission throughout the pregnancy (or as well as i can be). This is obviously a little worrying as there are side effects to the meds but the risk of me flaring is higher than the risks to the baby (which are minimal).

Now my question is this.. does the 20 week scan look at all the organs? How much detail does it show? Im really nervous about this next one.. a part of me wants to pay for another one sooner but im not sure if it would be worthwhile.

Oh and whilst im here, i thought id let you know that my midwife has a theory that if the dad works in an office then you are more likely to have a girl.. you've got to love the good old wives tales!

Claire x

hiya
At our 20 scan, they looked at everything in really good detail. she looked at all the organs, it was really impressive.
So I am sure they will check everything for you

Kerry xxx

There should be a list in your yellow notes which tells you what they look at. It is all the major organs and is quite detailed. I'm sure your bubs will be very healthy :hug: Although I think we all worry before the 20 week scan :)

Also just to back up your midwife's theory - my OH doesn't work in an office and we are having a boy :D

:hug: I think I remember you saying about it once! You certainly don't go on about it and its such a serious thing I think your really brave.

I couldn't see any organs in my scan but then I don't really notice things like that. I would just say to wait till your 20week scan then pay for one a bit further on if you have the money :) then you can see how much progress he or she is making at a later date and see the amount of growing. :hug: Also if you were paying for a private scan unless you were to ask them I don't know if they would be able to tell you about the health unless it was something really obvious I thought privet scans were just so you could see your babe? But I'm not sure on this. Anyways whatever you choose I hope it all goes well even though pretty sure it will :hug:

Yep! The 20 week scan is a really detailed scan!!

Sorry to change the subject, but I have heard a few people mention these yellow notes now!? I dont have yellow notes? Do you think its a regional thing??

Oooh I don't know, I just assumed as mine were yellow so were everyone elses. I will put up a thread to see what different colours there are :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back