20 Week Scan, can you see the bits!!??

newbump

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you can see the babies private bits clearly at the 20 week scan? Neither me or bf want to know what the sex is, but just wondered if sometimes it is obvious??!!!

Thanks
Natalie :lol:

Hi,

I didnt see anything at my 20 week scan genital wise but I did see babies bladder full and then having a wee which was quite amusing!!! :lol:

I think if the baby is positioned ok the midwife can determine the sex if you want to know, although I imagine this is not 100% accurate!

I didnt find out as I wanted to know but my partner didnt. Guess we will just have to wait and see!

mmm sounds interesting, didnt know you would be able to see things like them weeing, must have been very funny!

Did you have the midwife do the scan? at my 12 week scan the man didnt know any questioned i asked about foods etc, so not sure if he was a midwife or what?!

yeah it was funny, my partner was fascinated!!!

Well I pressume it was the midwife, it was the same lady I had at my 12 week scan!

Any questions I have had the midwifes have been good but its great to have this forum at hand, helped alot when I had bleeding at 15 weeks.
Any concerns or questions i have had have always been answered well by the other mums to be

Yep I agree, although i have been quite lucky so far with no problems!! including no sickness!!! Its good to have others you can relate to though, and ask questions when you need to :D

Natalie x

it would have been a US tech who did the scan as it takes 5yrs training to learn how to do it correctly,

the boy/girl parts can be seen in a scan sometimes very clearly,
BUt if you dont what to know the sex then tell them then they wont look to closely at that area

I had a scan at nearly 23 weeks and we didn't want to know the gender. The sonographer therefore said she wouldn't look and didn't scan that area - there was no way we could tell.

And when she printed scan pictures for us, she printed one of head & body, then another of legs!!!

The amount of detail you can see is amazing, so I guess if you are looking and get to see in the right place, it might be obvious....!

Good luck at the scan

LBxx

*giggles* "weeing" * giggles some more* Whe go for our 20 week scan in Aug and was told they should be able to tell us the sex if baby wants to play, but just becareful they don't let it slip!! Also if a boy wees can you see its tail as it pops up? *shrugs* Just a little wonder that popped in my head!

I remember seeing a programme (another dreaded baby programme) - a girls bits look like a burger bun with a dot in the middle (pants description I know!) - didn't see male feotus's bits. But if we 'accidently' see our little Fluff's 'bits' in our next scan (14th Sept!) it will be no surprise!!

no, didnt see any bits when baby did a wee wee :lol: just the bladder full, emptying and then some fluid coming out and making its way back to the amniotic sack!

wouldnt have known if the radiographer hadnt of said!

Thanks for all the replys, part of me wants to look at see if i can work it out, but a part of me really wants it all to be a suprise!!! Ive got my scan tmrw so will post on friday and let you know the outcome!!!

Cheers all
Natalie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back