20 week scan at 18+?

maldives

Reaction score
Hi I forgot the range of weeks they usually do the 20 week scan or i guess it's called anomaly scan...
I am 18 weeks tomorrow and I kind of remember they start doing it at 18+?? I go to a private clinic so I book the day I want and I am a bit in a hurry before I am 20 coz last time I went for a scan the Dr wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl but thinks it's a boy soo I am a bit confused now and want to know the sex as well as the 20 week scan at the same time...

My midwife told me that certain problems are only apparent after 19/20 weeks, and that in fact 21 weeks is the ideal time to have the anomaly scan :hug:

Yeah, I didn't think they liked to do it much before the actual 20 weeks. Plus the later it is the better chance you've got of finding out the sex, they might still struggle at 18.

I wanted to get mine earlier as hubby is going away for 4 months but I was told I cant as they wont do it if its before 19 weeks :hug:

oh thanx girls I didn't think it was a strict 20 weeks thing! but I should go for a scan before the 16th as I have an appointment then with my Dr and she wants a scan report as well..
I'll wait for another 10 days then!

our hospital does them at c. 22 weeks. Mine's at 23w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back