2 weeks paternity?????

Lanesje77

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a grumble or hormonal?? My partner, who've I've always known to be a bit of a lazy devil, but I've always put up with it to a certain extent, not without a good moan though!!
Through the birth of our son 5 days ago he was brilliant, very supportive, couldn't have asked for better, but now we are home, he is treating these 2 weeks as if they're a holiday for him, he spent 3 hours at his friends playing with their buggys yesterday(his hobby) then said another friend wanted him to go to the cinema tonight, was it ok for him to go. He loves the baby but because I'm bfing he can't get involved there and he struggles with settling him so hands him back pretty quick!! He's difficult to speak with as he takes things very personally and gets gets angry quickly, I know I'm not making him sound great, but he had a crappy up bringing and usually makes me laugh and I know he loves me, but what I need is support and help not stroppy bloke who needs to grow up!! Advice appreciated....I suggested he went back to work!!!

If he doesn't know what to do to help, be specific in tellng him ie he has to do the hoovering, cooking, shopping, ironing etc x

Last edited:
I think you need to sit him down and have a serious chat. These two weeks are meant to be about spending with your baby & supporting you..
My Lo was born the same day as yours & I have to say I thought OH might treat it as a holiday but hes been fab infact I have to fight to get cuddles with her when I'm not feeding!
I know its hard for them feeling like a spare part but there is plenty they can do like changing etc x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

and warn him from me that if he dosent stick to baby now and do things with him then once lo is older they will cry at him as if he is a stranger as they grow so fast

I know exactly what you mean!!!!! My partner was fantastic at the birth but as soon as we got home it changed. Granted he has cuddles with her, changes her nappy etc. But its everything else I nearly lost it with him at 5am very other morning when I asked if he would go warm up a bottle! He huffed about it!! I had been up all night and day as it was! Not only that ive been going on and on about the house and things I need to get done, you would have thought that him knowing im still sore from my episotomy(cant spell it) he would offer! OH no ive had to do it! He has done bits etc but I dont know if its just women who are on a different wave length lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back