2 heartbeats on the Doppler-not mine!!!

twinkles

Reaction score
Morning girls!

Just checkEd in on baby bump and picked up 2 fast heart beats as well as my slower one!! Now I know there is only one baby inside there as only one on my scan so just wondering where this second beat is coming from? Could it be the cord???

Bit of a freak out for a calm sunday morning!!!!x

Last edited:
I don't know as I've not got a Doppler, have a google...:)

Xx

Oooo err missus!!! I haven't got a doppler so I don't know much about what you can or can't hear! Cord sounds possible doesn't it? I'm sure one of the girls will know! x

Sometimes my babys hb kind of echos so I can hear both it and a loud thumping echo a split second behind xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ha ha can u imagine my own heart skipping a beat for a moment!!!!! X

The beats are opposite sides one low down on left and the other higher up on the right!x

I was googling this just last week! I get the same, I now look for the hb having a 'thumping' sound, I have no idea if that's right though! I was thinking omg...2hbs! Iv heard it can be the placenta...

The placenta sounds like your hb, maybe baby moved? Not sure otherwise hun x x

Was one of them slower? Cos the placenta is like a slow swooshing sound and u can hear it in different areas. I think u can also hear your own pulse somewhere too lol xxxx

I heard my own, then 2 fast ones either side!!! X

I can hear another hb like sound when I listen, I've no idea wtf it is but there's defo just 1 baby in there so I haven't really thought much abt it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think I have the same! Def sounds like 2+ heartbeats down there. I get very confused when listening. Def one baby tho so could be anything! Lol. Xx

Hi, iv had this too... At 1st I'm sure I was listening to the 'heartbeat' and then a couple of days later I heard the actual heartbeat, and could tell the difference. I just guessed it was maybe placenta, or cord or something. Cause I know for sure there's only 1 baby. Never thought to ask midwife about it.

Apparently it is the whole of the baby's heart. So you are hearing the two sides (four chambers) beating together and this can sound like an echo or two different heartbeats. I had the exact same panic, I can't remember who explained it to me but it makes sense I think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back