1st timer with a very surprising little bub on board!

LittleAmazon

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies :)
I found the forum when looking up whether I can eat chorizo when cooked (I can, yay!)
I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago now and am 14 weeks 5 days. I have endometriosis and was on the pill back to back to avoid menstruating, so that's how I went so long without knowing. Even the gynae who examined me when I was 9 weeks didn't realise. I was prepping for more surgery next May and was waiting to have a colonoscopy when they did a pregnancy test to be safe.
I'd miscarried in April (another unexpected one but sad all the same) and wasn't thinking to have a baby for years yet. I'll be honest I was not expecting that it wouldn't happen for me. My disease is aggressive so by the time we got to trying in a few years I thought nature would take its toll on my tubes.
This little sweetheart has come through a lot with me. An underactive thyroid that I only started treatment for 4 weeks ago, gabapentin, cyclizine to allay the nausea caused by codeine, the pill for the whole time until I got the test result, no folic acid, malnutrition on my part due to not digesting food properly (hence the colonoscopy) and a hostile environment created by the endometriosis itself. I have taken so many bad things to control the diarrhoea, to relieve the pain and symptoms of my endo, antibiotics and then a canesten pessary for the ensuing thrush (we tried this as my gi doc mused I may have picked up an infection during a hospital stay in September). And then my thyroid which I know is fatal to babies if untreated.
I'm in awe and in love.
The sweet irony of the endometriosis means I can detect baby's movements as the scar tissue around my womb causes me to feel pain. We watches baby stretch its legs the other week and I felt a corresponding pain.
We could also feel baby swimming left to right the other night, as my womb shifted under our hands from one side to the other.
My mum didn't want me and starved herself in her efforts to be rid of me, so she is not a port of call for me and my million questions. This forum is going to be very important to me in the coming months and years, so thank you in advance.

Wow hun, a right little fighter in there. This forum is fab, the girls are so lovely. Welcome

xxx

Oh wow! What an amazing story! Sounds like you have a fighter on your hands! Congrats x welcome!

Great story and welcome Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Thank you ladies. It was a long one in retrospect!
Merry Christmas (or merry days off for those of you who don't celebrate) everyone.
15 weeks today with my belly pooch complete with internal baby fish.
You'd think I was the first woman to go through this, but I love it so much!

Clearly this baby was meant to be! What wonderful news. Congratulations and welcome to PF! In sure you will fit in well and will find it very useful! Merry Christmas! Next year you'll have a baby to celebrate with :love: x

Wow!!! What a baby you have on your hands already. You sound like a very strong lady. Welcome, I'm only new but everyone is lovely, you'll have to ignore my tedious panics about things. :))

b
Xx

Oh don't worry I'm right there with you, I was offered counselling as I have been depressed in the past (with good reason and I feel extremely lucky to have pulled myself out of it) but I think my problem emotionally is being anxious... I don't know whether it's more than should be expected for a first time mum but I do feel like a control freak right now. I won't let strangers near me if I can help it and I worry a lot about what I'm eating, even though I take pregnacare to cover the bases. We can panic together!

I have had depression too, plus I do think being pregnant sends you a little nutty. I just took another test and I'm 6 weeks :-/ my husband thinks I'm a loon!!

:)

b
Xx

My boyfriend is being very patient indeed with my itching and moodiness. He's extremely understanding about my anxieties and my past problems and really reinforces the positive things I want to do. I think I'll be a good mum, just need to get through this pregnancy and have baby bear safe in our arms!
I don't envy you the weeks ahead of nerves and hormonal showdowns complete with morning sickness but I promise the relief you get when you hit the 12 week mark will be worth that wait, it's all flown by so fast (mostly because I had no clue) I just thank god that I felt so unwell that I haven't drank since the summer! That'd just give me something else to drive myself potty about!

Wow, what a story! Welcome, everybody on here is so lovely! Xxx

Those of us with understanding partners are very lucky. My husband has already had weeping and shouting to deal with. :) It's going to get worse before it's better!!
I really hope my next 6 weeks fly by, without too much MS preferably! I work with children and I don't think they'll appreciated me puking on them :)

b
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back