1st sweep

twinkle90

Reaction score
Had my first unexpected sweep yesterday. Unexpected because their was no mention of having one. Nothing much has happened. Though a few aches here and there. Feeling so tired and nauseous so I don't know if that's apart of it. Have another sweep on Wednesday and then an induction in the next week or so xxx

With my last pregnancy, my first sweep did nothing. After the second, I went for a really long walk and spent hours bouncing on my ball which did the trick! Good luck. xx

My second got me going with my DD too! X

Oooh fingers crossed the 2nd one works :) Wednesday cant come quick enough. Even if they decide to induce instead of a second, id happy with that. Going to be a long week. Xx

Had a bath and dried off and had jelly like discharge mixed with some blood. Is this the 'show'? Does it mean anything?

The show could have been from the sweep, but it could be your cervix opening slightly.
Good luck twinkle :)
Some people lose it weeks before and others lose it on labour.
I lose mine in bits and bobs with second but in labour with my first. X x x

Last edited:
I've had the discharge for a few weeks now but the blood is new. J hope something happens soon. No obvious pains yet. Lots of movement though xx

Loads more discharge/show. No pains or aches yet xx

Just keep getting blobs of jelly on the tissue, no obvious pains. Keeping an eye on movement today, little quiet this morning xx

I had a sweep on Monday, had my show Tuesday night - went for a walk both Tuesday and Wednesday and dtd with hubby on Wednesday night, by early hours of Thursday morning I was in labour. They say sweeps normally work within 48 hours if they have had any effect, but your cervix can change rapidly when close to labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back