1st scan nerves...

LilyMac

Reaction score
Hi,

Im currently 12 weeks and am due for my first scan on thursday.
Im really nervous as I have been quite stressed recently and some days I dont even feel pregnant so I am worried that the scan isnt gonna have a good outcome... Has anyone else had these worries before their first scan? Is it quite natural to panic or am I just being irrational?!

This will be my first baby and Im so excited, Im really looking forward to being a mommy and cant bear the thought of something going wrong :cry:

I think everyone feels scared before the first scan so that's perfectly normall. It's so amazing seeing your baby for the first time. Enjoy!!

Thanks Kiki, its good to know Im not alone in thinking it then!
I am really excited about seeing my baby for the first time, but the nerves are kinda ruining it a lil bit :sad: x

Congratulations LillyMac and you are totally normal to feel worried like this, sure everything will be fine, loads of ladies don't get many real symptoms and have perfectly healthy pregnancys

Enjoy your scan, don't forget some change for a pic or too, and post them up when you get back , and let us know how you go XX

Aww JJMum thanks!! I nearly shed a few tears at your reply then... Flipping hormones :(
Im trying my best to be positive about it all, only two more sleeps and Ill know for certain.
Ill definately have some monies for the scan pics, cant wait to start showing people :)

Heh, look at some of my recent posts if you dont want to feel alone. I had my first scan last week and like you, didn't feel pg whatsoever and when he put that gel suff on my tummy (very cold by the way) and poked me with the wand, it suddenly appeared on the screen! I almost wooped with delight and relief, but I setttled for grinning like a maniac instead. I now have 6 lovley pictures of my little squirmy baby, who wouldn't sit still and insisted on lying on it's front.

:D

xxxxxx

Thanks :) its nice to know Im not alone and that good things happen.
Not long now till its all over and done with and i can relax and stop worrying.
Im just gonna think positively and keep calm about it, thursday isnt that far away now!
xxx

Last edited:
only 2 more sleeps to go lilymac, think positive and enjoy. let us know how u get on x

I know, thats what I keep telling myself that its only 2 more sleeps. Its dragging though, think thats cos Ive been looking forward to it for so long now as I had my scan date through ages ago.... They should be banned from giving you a date so early!!!
Will keep you updated, thanks for the support girls
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back