1st Hospital Appointment

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
After being told in July that there was long waiting list for referral to hospital I got letter last week telling me to phone to make appointment. My first hospital appointment is 28 September :shock:

Anyone able to tell me what normally happens at 1st appointment??

Thanks for your help :)

Just been looking back at your other posts , you've had bloods done and results were ok? progesterone a little low on one though? , and hubby needs swimmers tested?, so is the appointment at the fertility clinic? They'll prob talk about your history perhaps more detailed bloods?

Have you had any scans?

My first appointment was easy because i'd already had a diagnosis from the doctors x

I hope the appointment comes around V.quickley or even better a BFP x

Sorry hun no advice, just wanted to wish you luck xxx

Hey hun, i had my 1st appointment last Tuesday at the Assisted Conception Unit. We'd already had our swimmers tested and i'd had CD21 bloods in Jan. She asked me a series of questions like cycle length, job, lifestyle etc (i assume to indicate stress) when my last smear was. She also asked OH similar questions, then made a 'Plan' and wrote down FSH, LH bloods etc and Hycosy :shock: then turned and said "I'm going to start treatment straight away. 50mg Clomid, i dont think your ovulating properly!" :shock:

LouiseB said she had a scan on her appt and someone else said they had an internal exam, so i guess it varies massivly. I didnt have any exams whatsoever because i was on CD1, heavy, bloated and in pain.

What tests have you had so far? xxx

Fab news hunny.

I think what happens will depend on what tests you have already had done, I had already been diagnosed with pcos before my first fertility appt so I was able to start on clomid straight away.

They will more than likely weigh you and go through your cycle history and then make a plan of action for you xx

Same as everyone has said really Hun, good luck though! :)

xx

Only thing they've done for me so far is day21 bloods. Spoke to 2 different GPs re results, 1 told me they were slightly low tho nothing to worry about and the second told me that they were fine. Confused.com. Anyway the 2nd GP referred me straight away due to my age and the fact the she said the waiting list for hospital appointments was very long. DH will get swimmers tested before we go to hospital appointment. He hasn't been to doctor ever since he moved here and need to get him registered.

Thanks for your replies girlies. Heres hoping to BFP soon. :)

Good luck hun, hope you get your bfp before your appointment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back