Think I belong here

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
Yip I think I belong here as we've really been TTC for nearly year and half (with one MMC in January). Really would like to hope that I won't be here for long. Nothing at all to do with all you lovely girlies but time is against me as I will be turning 40 in September :-(

Got 21 day bloods done on Monday and at Doctors appointment this morning she told me that my levels are fine. Which can only be good news. She has referred me to the hospital for tests. There is a long waiting list but better to be on now and get the process started. In meantime DH is to arrange to go and get wee swimmers tested.

At the end of the appointment Doctor just told me to continue with :bd::bd: as before and never know might get BFP before reach hospital stage.

Hiya :)

Did you have your FSH bloods done too? That will be the one that indicates if you are being affected by your age.

Fingers crossed that everything will come back fine and you just need to keep at it :hug:

Ahhh sorry you found yourself in here hun, but we are a good bunch to be stuck with :)

Didn't get FSH bloods done. Think that was only thing she didn't do. But she's of opinion that as I fell pregnant in November that I can do it again.

Gonna try and relax this month and just fit in loads of sexy time and see what happens that way. No opks. DH doesn't like on demand sex!!! Maybe if we both relax we might get lucky xxx

Please go and ask her to give you a FSH bloodtest.

What she is saying is all very well for her to say to a 20 year old, but it's a totally inappropriate attitude to have to a lady who is nearly 40. It will give you an instant indication of the quality of your eggs and how long you might have.

I don't mean to be insensitive, i'm really sorry that you experienced an mc, but egg quality could be a significant factor in why you miscarried :hug:

Last edited:
Please go and ask her to give you a FSH bloodtest.

What she is saying is all very well for her to say to a 20 year old, but it's a totally inappropriate attitude to have to a lady who is nearly 40. It will give you an instant indication of the quality of your eggs and how long you might have.

I don't mean to be insensitive, i'm really sorry that you experienced an mc, but egg quality could be a significant factor in why you miscarried :hug:

this is what I was told too. I have had two miscarriages and we talked about whether the egg quality was a factor. My FSH was 8. Do you know anything about the figures?
Good luck to all - and yes, keep BDing, because if you did it once, it may just happen again before you get to that clinic!! x x

Lara - the FSH is expected to be between 5 and 25 for a fertile women and between 25 and 50 for perimenopausal and over 50 for actually menopausal :)

You sound just fine with a level of 8 ;)

hiya , i've just joined here too and i dont want to belong here but its a good place to sound things out with other women who know exactly how you are feeling xxx Best of luck and hopefully you wont be here for too long x

Hey Butterfly, goodnews that your bloods were ok. All the waiting for tests is such a pain! Im hoping it flies by once you actually get an appointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back