1st feed for those planning to bottle feed

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I was just wondering what those of you plan to do, or have done in the past when you plan to bottle feed baby. Have you or are you planning to bottle feed straight away or at least tried to do the first feed??

For various reason i am planning to bottle feed, but for baby, i didn't know, if i should at least try to give the baby its first feed so it gets the colostrum. Or do i pop baby straight on to the bottle?

I was the other way around hun.. I was going to BF Odhrán, give it a go at least.. But his first feed was a bottle! Just how it ended up, he went on the breast after for around a week afterward.. I have heard of some women giving the first feed only from the breast though xxx

I'm bottle feeding straight away! I was going to do the first feed on breast so little man can get the colostrum but i want to come home straight away and if i don't manage to get that first feed they won't discharge me until he's been fed so i'm just gonna go straight to bottle! It didn't harm Lacey having bottle straight away and she's always been bottle fed!

I bottle fed DD and her first feed was from a bottle. She's absolutely fine, no allergies and very very rarely ill (her last illness was chicken pox when she was 3!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back