18 months speech

jennywren, thats all Dan says constantly (apart from Thank you!)
Dad eeeeeeeee! OH loves it of course! :lol:
Dad eeeeeeeee is his fav word. Had my assessment changed to Monday. I will let you all know how it goes, incase its of any help :)

Austin prefers to say Daddy too, if you ask him who mummy is he knows but refuses to say it. The cat's name is Eddie so he gets called Daddy (just too similar to differentiate!). Austin will also sometimes walk round chanting Dad-dy, Dad-dy, Dad-dy!

I hope the assessment goes well misslarue. :hug:

good luck misslarue for monday,

bless eefie what a help he is to you :cheer:

luke says daddy most, he does occassionally say mummy but i don't notice it as much but he is trying to say grandad and he says nanna :wall:

Kai's speech didn't pick up until May this year when he was 2 years and 4 months and I was worried now I can't shut him up.

He is now putting 3 sometimes 4 words together and at a guess probably has 200 or so words and now is saying bus instead of bu. He is behind but he is always making progress and he will catch up with others the same age.

At pre-school around the last half he is there, he keep's saying 'mummy coming soon'. :lol: He even says it to kids that are crying lol

I think HV was a bit worried and said, he's saying a few words right? Errr no he says phone and car consistently and said daddy once. He shouts MAMA at the top of his voice when he's annoyed with something, I dont think he's shouting for me or at me its just a noise to say he's annoyed.

HV is bringing in the nursery nurses to observe him as he threw a fat strop in clinic today and they asked is he often like that, errr yes I've told them this for months! I think these nurses are like trainee supernannies or something like that!

On one hand he's very helpful, he was helping me weed the garden today, he's also very loving but on the other hand he screams a lot and can have a foul temper like today he tried to headbutt his big sis 3 times before slapping her in the face out of temper :oops:
He also does things deliberately for attention that he KNOWS is naughty and I just dont have time to deal with it, its often when I'm feeding Molly and I feel the poor girl is being left out as I'm giving him constant attention from 7am-9pm!

First of all :hug:

Second of all, the behaviour you've described (deliberately naughty, stroppy, temper tantrums, hitting...) is exactly how Austin is most days. He can be a little angel all day then suddenly flip and start hitting, throwing things and biting.

I'm surprised your HV thought it was unusual behaviour, they're just frustrated toddlers who don't know how to control their tempers! And if they can't talk how else can they express themselves?!?

I really don't think there's anything to worry about but I hope that all goes well with the nursery nurses. If you get a magic cure make sure you let me know!

:hug:

and me :wall: if there is a magic cure it would be worth a fortune. it does as maybebaby said sound completely normal hun. luke had a right paddy at toddlers today it was so embarrasing i had to walk out with him and come home early, i don't dare say no to him if he don't get his own way then there iis hell up! :talkhand:

he has also hit other children if they come in his space and he is so clingy to my leg all the time, its so wearing! evn more so for you hun with molly also x :hug:

Misslarue said:
jennywren, thats all Dan says constantly (apart from Thank you!)
Dad eeeeeeeee! OH loves it of course! :lol:
Dad eeeeeeeee is his fav word. Had my assessment changed to Monday. I will let you all know how it goes, incase its of any help :)

lol my OH loves it to ''see he is ALWAYS calling for his Daddy'' etc etc :roll: but half the time I think he is saying Doody (as I hide his dummys from him in the day now lol) but yest he started saying mamamama actually to me and when he was calling me for help lol so Im happy now, he doesnt have to say anything else lol.

maybebaby said:

Second of all, the behaviour you've described (deliberately naughty, stroppy, temper tantrums, hitting...) is exactly how Austin is most days. He can be a little angel all day then suddenly flip and start hitting, throwing things and biting.

I'm surprised your HV thought it was unusual behaviour, they're just frustrated toddlers who don't know how to control their tempers! And if they can't talk how else can they express themselves?!?

I really don't think there's anything to worry about but I hope that all goes well with the nursery nurses. If you get a magic cure make sure you let me know!

See now I feel like a bad mum cause when he is getting excited he has been biting, and today and yes I shouted at him and he cried and then I sat him on the naughty step and I feel bad cause I know he must of been biting cause he was excited and happy with the games we were playing but I thought he was being naughty! :cry: :cry:

jennywren said:
maybebaby said:

See now I feel like a bad mum cause when he is getting excited he has been biting, and today and yes I shouted at him and he cried and then I sat him on the naughty step and I feel bad cause I know he must of been biting cause he was excited and happy with the games we were playing but I thought he was being naughty! :cry: :cry:

Don't feel bad, I still tell Austin off for biting etc, no matter the cause it's still not acceptable behaviour & he needs to learn that. :hug:

maybebaby said:
Don't feel bad, I still tell Austin off for biting etc, no matter the cause it's still not acceptable behaviour & he needs to learn that. :hug:

I think its just cause he has taken to this terrible upsetting crying with really tears and a really sad face I feel so mean telling him off. However, I realised when I got dressed today just how hard he bit me when OH said ''WTF are you doing with a love bite on your boobie'' and I have a bruise about the size of a 1p where he bit me....little money, he went in for a right chow down!

Well Dan had his assessment today. It went pretty well :D
She's not overly concerned at this stage, but we have to go back in Jan when he's 2 for a re-assessment.

She said that if there was a problem than normally (not always) there would also be other areas of concern. She checked his walking, climbing, if he took notice of loud noises. If he pointed to things and if he understood when I asked him to do stuff. Which he is fine with. At this age she isn't so much concerned with speech, but if he actually understands what I am communicating.

Her advise was to make sure you sing lots of songs and reading. Also when you talk make sure they can see your mouth as that is how they form words, by copying you.

Hope thats of some help :D

just seen your update hun

glad she isnt concerned about Dan, must be true that boys are lazier than girls lol

Will continue to read to him, he tries to push me over or shut the door when I sing ( :rotfl: ) and will make sure he can see me when I speak as much as possible.

It was only actually today when my bro sat him on his knee facing him and said City (for Man city :roll: ) over and over untill he started saying it so now he says titty for city :rotfl: but least he is trying, although him running round shouting his 3 main words wouldnt look good to the outsider

''dirty''
''sesy'' (sexy!)
''titty'' (city)

whoops!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member