17 weeks - still no movement :o(

DawnWallington

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am 17 weeks pregnant today and have had no signs of movement and I still hardly look pregnant?! Is this normal?? I had my midwife last week and the first question she asked me was "any signs of movement"? Is there a chance I am feeling it and just dont realise?

I am new to this Forum - so hi everyone.

So excited about being a mummy.

Dx

As it's your first baby, alot of people don't feel anything until about 20 weeks! With my first it was about 16 weeks but only very faint flutters. This time I felt it abit sooner but knew what to fill for! To start off with it fills like bubbles or like someones tapping from inside you! Hope this helps!

Just what Lacey's mummy says :)

I had flutters from 16 or so wks and more movements from around 20wks, now he doesnt stop!

I'm so jealous i've looked very pregnant from early on :( now i feel like an elephant :(

I know - everyone tells me to stop moaning!! But I just want to look pregnant and want to feel my baby! I am such a negative person, I keep telling myself that "Lemon" which is what I have called my baby, has stopped growing, or there is something wrong!! I should chill out and make the most of still feeling comfortable in my clothes and in myself!!! I have read so many stories about swollen ankles, and ribs hurting, and I have had none of that so far!!

Im sorry to hear you feel like an elephant :eek:( xx

Aw don't worry about the symtoms, enjoy being comfitable! I haven't got anything cept slight sickness still and my bumps only appeared the last 2 weeks and it's still small! I found with my daughter I was tiny then as soon as I finished working full time my bump suddenly grew! Your bump will appear soon Hun

I felt mine at 14/15 weeks with a first baby but two of my friends are pregnant with their first have only felt at 18 weeks and 22 weeks... so I wouldnt worry. Midwife said the same thing to me last week but my mates midwife when told that she had been feeling kicks said ' no way you couldnt feel it yet with your first!' Made her feel really stupid. Honestly hun it is different with EVERYONE so do not worry!!! You can only feel baby when the uterus reaches the side xx

it was 24 weeks for me before i felt anything major and thats because i am quite fat and the placenta is at the front

now the bugger moves so much i feel i am on a rollercoaster all the time!

Last edited:
I am 20 weeks with my 3rd and I still only feel it occasionally xxx Welcome to the forum :hug:

Hiya Dawn, welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I didn't get any movement until almost 23 weeks but as bigbump said my placenta lies at the front and I'm a little chubby so it was quite cushioned. I feel a lot of flutters now but nothing very strong and the midwife seems very happy with everything. This is my first baby so I was worried sick but after being on here, you're soon reassured things are normal...

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy hun, enjoy every minute! xxx

Hi Dawn, I'm 17 weeks like you, hardly have any bump (fit in all of my clothes still) and haven't felt anything either :)

I didn't get any kicks until after 18 weeks and my placenta is by my back so I should be able to feel a lot. I think it's normal not to feel much before 18-20 weeks with our first hon. X

i felt fist flutterings at about 14 wks but this is my second but kicks im only just getting everyday my placenta is also at the front so i feel my kicks low down or toward my back im also very overweight but havnt noticed thats made a difference although i cant see kicks thru the skin

i just don't know this is my first and I had some interesting feelings on friday but nothing since not sure if it was movement or not as I don't know what am looking for either but maybe it is later my midwife said anything up to 20 weeks for movement

I was reading a book last night that says you may feel some flutters between 18 and 21 weeks and then perhaps start to feel a light kick or two a few weeks after that. Sounds like you have a few weeks to go yet. Hold on in there. Also, if you are under stress or are a busy person then you are less likely to feel them then if you are resting all of the time. A few days ago I was chilling for a day or two and could feel s/he inside lightly and since I have been busy I havn't really felt s/he. I think they tend to sleep when you move around and aren't as active when you are concerntrating or under pressure.

Plus, everyone is different and their babys decide to do what they want to do when they want to do it. xxxx

I didn't show with my first till 24weeks and didn't feel any movement till around 19weeks ( i think, its been 11 years lol)
its perfectly normal with a first pregnancy hun xxxx

I didn't feel any moment until 22 weeks with my first, so don't worry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back