• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

16 and pregnant...

cherelle

Reaction score
Just watched the TV show 16 and pregnant on Viva. Never seen it before! It was the episode where they show all the girls giving birth and omg it was fab!

Every single one of these young girls coped amazingly without major pain relief and pushed their babies out :)

Maybe it wont be as horrific as i thought!! :dance:

Ohhh I love this programme! Watched all the first and second series, you should see what some of those poor girls go through, & put themselves through! x

It was amazing seeing them push when they were told and coping sooooo well! No screaming and crying like on OBEM! Makes me feel so much better seeing easier looking births x

Yeah they all do so well! My midwife was in the other day and was saying to me thank god OBEM is finished and I shouldn't have been watching it ! :lol: x

lol, my OH banned me from watching that in the end - id end up a quivering bloody wreck after every episode! x

my mw also told me it was over dramatised....when i was pg and i told her i was terrified, she said 'well dont watch that obem cos its not like that'..lol xx

I love 16& pregnant there is also a follow on called teen mom which tracks some of them with their babies. I love obem too though! My sky+ seems to think there is another episode on Monday but I thought it had finished?!? x x

I'm glad you posted this Cherelle.... I will be watching it on Replay tomorrow. I am pretty shocked at obem too, and have been dreading it. x

obem didn't bother me. the women on it did and although ive not given birth yet i kept shouting at the tv for them to stop making so much fuss.

but still watched it and can't wait for it to be me. im so odd. xxx

obem didn't bother me. the women on it did and although ive not given birth yet i kept shouting at the tv for them to stop making so much fuss.

but still watched it and can't wait for it to be me. im so odd. xxx

I'm exactly the.same it didn't scare me either and I can't wait for it to be me. But I bet I won't be saying that at the time! I've watched the teen mom one a couple of times too. Did anyone watch underage and pregnant, was on last year? I liked that and they didn't seem to have such a carry on as some on obem

I'm glad you posted this Cherelle.... I will be watching it on Replay tomorrow. I am pretty shocked at obem too, and have been dreading it. x

Yeah deffo watch it its quite insipiring! x

Did anyone watch the teen mom when one of the mums got her baby taken off her because she kept beating her man up!? I was shocked! x

I love 16 and pregnant :) Although I do feel sorry for the girls who's OH's are wee shites...So sad :( x

My midwife told me OBEM annoys her, because a lot of the time it looks like the women are just left on their own...Which in her opinions shouldn't be the case x

My antenatal teacher also said that obem is bad because lots of the women are on the bed all the time and they would progress more if they were upright/moving around more xx

My midwife told me OBEM annoys her, because a lot of the time it looks like the women are just left on their own...Which in her opinions shouldn't be the case x

Maybe they actually filmed OBEM at Cheltenham General but lied - I was left alone on the postnatal ward to labour because there was no more space anywhere else - worst time of my life. And the worst staff and hospital. Barring Farnborough..........

I didn't mind OBEM - I've been through birth once before and am aware of what it can be like. I just like watching the baby programs when I'm pregnant. Have seen a little of 16 and Pregnant and a little of Teen Mom. Might have to go find some on catch up now, I've just put the toddler to bed.

My midwife is shocked at the treatment I had the first time and is going to make sure I'm not on my own, which will help my anxiety disroder from taking me over like before.

Maybe they actually filmed OBEM at Cheltenham General but lied - I was left alone on the postnatal ward to labour because there was no more space anywhere else - worst time of my life. And the worst staff and hospital. Barring Farnborough..........

I didn't mind OBEM - I've been through birth once before and am aware of what it can be like. I just like watching the baby programs when I'm pregnant. Have seen a little of 16 and Pregnant and a little of Teen Mom. Might have to go find some on catch up now, I've just put the toddler to bed.

My midwife is shocked at the treatment I had the first time and is going to make sure I'm not on my own, which will help my anxiety disroder from taking me over like before.

This was exactly what annoyed my midwife! She thinks women (unless they want to) should be left alone to labour if they are struggling...and she thinks that OBEM over dramatizes it x

She just told me not to worry, when I'm in the situation we'll deal with whatever happens which I think is a good way to be :)

I love watching 16 and pregnant too, especially cause a lot of the girls you can really see them growing into motherhood :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back