15 week midwife appointment

mookie

Reaction score
I'm 14 weeks today :) and can join tri 2!!

Just a quick question, I know your suppose to see the midwife at 15 weeks and I've just booked an appointment for 4th april, I'm not 15 weeks until 6th april but it's the only time OH is off work to take me, do you think it will matter? I'm worried the midwife will shout at me! :shock:

Thank you xx

I think its ment to be 16 weeks but i dont think the midwife will mind if your early as they are just a guide of how many appointment you have.
There further you are the more chance you have of hearing the heartbeat

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be fine hun, i think i was 15-16 weeks at my mw appt, but nothing much happened at it anyway. She asked how i'm doing, checked blood pressure and urine sample to check for protein, looked through my documents to see if there was anything to talk about, and that was it. I know they do things differently over the UK, but i didn't get to hear the heart beat at the appt because it was too early to check - as things are still small she may not have been able to find it and obviously that would make me worry.

The mw won't shout at you hun :) x x

I haven't got my notes as the hospital took them when I had my 12 week scan, apparently I get them back at my midwife appointment. I really can't remember if my notes say 15 or 16 weeks :wall2:

Oh well I guess I'll just keep the appointment and if I'm early then tough! I'm suppose to be high risk and I'm supposed to see a consultant but nothing has happened!

Thank you ladies xx

Ive just come back from my 16 week appointment today, they wont mind you going a bit early x x xx

Are you having the triple test for Downs screening? If so I would ring your Midwife and check how many weeks you should be as they wouldn't do it before 16 weeks with my last baby and I was 15+6 when I went to see her. My midwife this time wanted to see me at 16 weeks and booked me in before my 12 week scan, consequently I'll be 17 weeks when I see her but I don't think it'll matter as I've had the nuchal scan. x

What is the triple test? I didn't have anything like that when I was pregnant with my son and no one has spoken to me about anything like that this time.

I'm getting a little worried as the care I had whilst pregnant with my son was poor and lots of things were missed, it was at a different doctors surgery but I starting to worry my care this time is going the same way.
My midwife called on the monday (weeks ago!!) for my booking in appointment, she booked the appointment and I was suppose to see her on the thursday and she wasn't there. I had a lovely stand in midwife that said I was high risk and I had to see a consultant but I fear I wasn't referred as she was only a stand in. I really don't want to spend my pregnancy worrying and just want to get things sorted x

Im very high risk but my 1st consultant appointment isnt untill 27th of april i got the letter just before 16 weeks. Ask your midwife if you got referred to the consultant if you havnt then she will sort it for you.

Im sure youll be fine i had my 16 week appointment at 15 weeks :hugs:

Sorry for the late reply mookie, the triple test is the blood test they do for downs syndrome screening, that would be the only reason that I could think of that they may say you've gone too early, at 15 weeks, for that's all.
It's so annoying that treatment differs from one authority to another, it's all the NHS so we should get the same treatment, I am seeing my consultant in 2 weeks when I'll be 17 weeks. There's no harm in ringing the Midwife to double check dates and consultant appoinment etc, it'll mgive you peace of mind at least. x

it will be fine you going in early. I went to my 16 week appointment at 15 weeks as I had not had my scan so thought I was 16 weeks had my scan 4 days later and found out I was only 15.4 weeks. I had to have the triple blood test then too as I missed the 12 week screening.
The midwife checked my urine my blood pressure and listened to the babys heartbeat (she did warn me that she might not find it ).
I also think its strange that each area does things different I don't ring to make appointments my appointments are made at the end of the appointment (I made my 28 week appointment at my 16 week appointment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back