15 week app will be late...

cherelle

Reaction score
does it make any difference that i wont have my 15 weeks appointment until im 17 weeks? The midwife is really busy and cant see me until then - im sick of the waiting game!! :roll:

They did bugger all at my 15 week appointment - no blood, no pee - all they did was tell me about the blood test you can get to test for Down's etc, explained how you need an amnio if it comes back as high risk and said it should be done around 17 weeks if you want to go ahead - that was it. Waste of time I thought!

i thought theyd at least listen to babys heartbeat? x

Nope, mine didn't mention it. I made another appt for today to see if I needed to continue taking iron which I forgot to ask about last week, and asked them to do the heartbeat for me (I'd been a bit paranoid as haven't felt anything yet) and at first she said they don't do it at all at this stage as it's too early to def be able to hear it and a lot of the time you can't hear it on their machines. In the end she said she'd try, and she did manage, but she wasn't going to!

oh rubbish! my friend heard the heartbeat at hers a few weeks ago so i just assumed everyone did :-s

Maybe it depends where you live - your area might do if your friend had it?

nah - shes from nottingham where i am from originally but i live in Cardiff now x

Don't worry. I'm not having mine until 17 weeks. Mine is on the 20th December. When is yours? xx

Mines is a 16 week appointment so dont think it matters. And my 20 week scan isnt until im 22 weeks so i wouldnt worry xx

Wouldn't worry too much, they arent that exciting at all! X

Mine did nothing didnt check pee of anything did try and listen for hb found it but baby kept moving away :p was in and out in less than ten mins

I don't even get a 15 week appointment here in Sheffield! Saw community midwife at 10 weeks and she said next time I see her is when I am 22 weeks!!

Don't worry. I saw mine on Thursday when I was 16+6. I was surprised that she took the doppler out. She said she didn't usually listen for a heartbeat this early, but did anyway, although baby kept moving away :lol:

x x x x

I don't even get a 15 week appointment here in Sheffield! Saw community midwife at 10 weeks and she said next time I see her is when I am 22 weeks!!

Wow isnt it strange that places vary so much!I only live down the road in Rotherham and I had a 15 week appointment. She listened to babys heartbeat, tested my urine and I had my blood test for downs done.

I wouldnt worry too much hun, 2 weeks isnt too much longer to wait xxx

thanks everyone, mines on 15th dec so i suppose not that long to wait and doesnt sound very exciting anyway! x

I think it depends on if you are having the blood tests for downs here we have to have them at 15 weeks they do listen to the heartbeat here too but they do warn you they may not find it, they didn't fnd mine so got me to go back the week later and sure en0ough found it straight away. I think its awful that we dont see the midwife that much anymore when i had my 1st you had to see the midwife every 4 weeks then every 2 then every week after 36 weeks. This time i am high risk and i get 1 extra appointment at 32 weeks which i wouldn;t normally get its only cause i have to see consultant to be checked as I had my 3rd at 33 weeks, so i next see a midwife at 28 weeks after last seeing her at 15 weeks then it should have been 34 weeks.

my appointment is on the 21st december i dont see the MW OFTEN AS IM LOW RISK AND ITS MY 5TH LOL

APPOINTMENT AFTER THIS I WILL BE 28 WEEKS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back