15-17 week midwife appointment

sholou_uk

Reaction score
I have my 15-17 week midwife appointment today, a day early! Just wondered if anyone had an idea what she will do, will she listen for the heartbeat. I would love to check if bumps ok, but until I am feeling the baby I think this is always going to worry me!!

Mine was pretty quick, the usual checks.. Blood pressure and urine, checking to see how I'm getting on, discussing results of the downs test if you had it, and any symptoms or worries etc and then she asked if I wanted to try hearing the heartbeat! She gave a big warning that she might not be able to find it but since I use my home Doppler I knew she would :) it was nice to hear it out loud and be told the heart rate!

Would love to have a Doppler at home but think I would concern myself if I couldn't hear anything!

Mine was just a quick appointment, test your urine, listened to heartbeat, how you keeping questions. That was it.

Mine was my fave appointment so far! (well apart from my scans LOL)

I had two male midwife's (a student and a consultant who was just covering my appointment) and they were both so bloody lovely!

Yep they did listen for HB, but not all trusts do this so don't be too worried if your MW doesn't!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine was fab, heard HB for the first time, she went through my blood results from last time, checked my urine and answered a few questions. Nothing to worry bout, hope it goes well xxx

Just had appointment, all fine, heard the heartbeat, although she had to chase baby around to find it!!

Glad all went well, isn't hearing the heartbeat the best thing ever ? I'm so looking forward to my next appointment just to hear it again xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back