Officially Telling Work??

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
Hi. Quick question - hopefully. I've read that we are required to tell work officially 15 weeks before due date. Is this the deadline? Reason I ask is that I don't see my midwife until I'm 25w4d so won't be given any forms until then. Do I need to contact midwife before this appointment to get whatever form I need from her?

Thank you. x

I have told my work straight away when I found out.

However I had to wait until my 18 week appointment to get my Mat B1 :)

You should be able to get this from MW over the phone and get it left at the surgery or wherever you see her I think :)

xxx

I'll be 24 weeks 5 days when I see my MW. She said at last appointment she'll give me the forms that I then need to read and make a DES Ison on when to finish work. I think you can finish whenever but need to give employer at least 31 days of notice of finishing?
I'm not really sure? I haven't said an exact date of when I'm finishing to my boss bit in my head I'm thinking 11th may.
Can't come soon enough xc

I'm finishing 27th April and it seems so far away at the moment :)

I have 3 weeks hols booked in before babe arrives yay :) xxx

I looked into it and I know I can finish up to 11 weeks before my due date, so I'm looking at the last week in May. I'll only be 30 weeks but I'm struggling already and don't imagine I'll be able to last very far past that week.
This means I'll need to get my matb form early so I can give them at least 28 days notice.

Last edited:
Thanks girls. Work knew straight away cos I had to stop teaching spin classes. They also know my proposed finish date so looks like I can wait til I see MW before getting form. x

Thanks girls. Work knew straight away cos I had to stop teaching spin classes. They also know my proposed finish date so looks like I can wait til I see MW before getting form. x

I think you have to give it in writing before your 15 week deadline, but just say your matb form will be forthcoming xx

Hi ladies, I work in HR so can confirm that you just need to inform your employer in writing 15 weeks prior to your expected due date. You can then submit your MATB1 form as soon as you get it. I won't be getting mine until my next appointment at 26 weeks.

You are supposed to give 8 weeks notice of your actual leave date, although many employers are flexible regarding this as you may feel you need to bring the date forward if you're not coping well or may feel great and happy to work a bit longer! xx

i got my matb1 form at my 22 weeks appointment aftet my scan. However i must get my arse into gear and get the letter done. Hopefully 18th may will be my last day at work. Ill be 37 weeks lol this could all change x

I had to give written notification by 25 weeks (15 weeks before due date) and then sent my MatB1 form on a week later after I'd seen midwife. I think if you don't let them know in writing at least 15 weeks before that you are pregnant (even if you don't know your finish date) it can affect your maternity pay, but this might just be in teaching/my local authority.

So do u have to write a letter even if u have given in ur matb1 before 25 weeks? confused!!! xx

That's wot I take from it as I'll be over 25 weeks by time I see midwife again to get mat1b form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back