16 week midwife appointment

mrs v

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well and embracing your pregnancies!

I have my 16 week midwife appointment in a few weeks, ill be near 17 weeks, I know all areas do things differently but wondered if it was common to listen to baby's heartbeat at this stage?

Thank you ;-) x

I had my 16 weeks appointment 2 weeks ago and was not expecting her to check the hb... but she did! took her a little while to find it but once she did there was no mistaking it :D

Then i had consultant 1 week later and he checked it too... i got to hear bean twice in a week lol

I had to ask mine to but she did it happily and seemed just as excited as I was haha! :)

:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

My mw let me hear hb at 16wk appt. She tested my urine and asked a couple of questions abt my wellbeing. She felt my tummy - and that's about it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Oh well if she needs prompting I will...I dnt have a doppler so it'll be lovely to hear it, thanks xx

Ive got mine 2moro so hopefully il get to hear my wee ones heartbeat :) xx

I had my booking in appt so late they did the 16week appt at the same time I did have to ask to hear the heartbeat though so if they don't offer make sure you ask!xx

I had mine a couple of weeks ago and when asked to listen to the heartbeat she said no!
I was really disappointed as I thought it was usually what happens. She then said the don't do it till 34 weeks?!

Hope they do it for you.

Mine said right at the start that we would be 'listening in' at the 16 week one, 3.5 weeks to go I think. Still so surreal

Its routine to do it at 16 weeks here was such a fab feeling hearing it for the first time xxx

Everywhere us so different, I hope she does, ill def ask, in fact I might just refuse to leave unless she gets her Doppler out!

had my urine tested and she checked hb x

At my appointment, she told me that they don't listen to the heartbeat that early as they can't find it for some people and it could cause unnecessary distress - but she'd definitely do it at 25 week appointment.

She just checked my pee, bp and had a general chat about things.

yes i was told if she couldnt find hb not 2 panic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back