12 wk scan - not great

HanSam

Reaction score
Hi - I had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything was going well. We could see the little bean jumping and sucking thumb. Then bam right at the end they give us the blow that it appears to have Exomphalos.

We are heading back to hospital this morning to see a consultant who will hopefully explain more and potentially have the CVS test to see if there are chromosonal abnormalities which are linked with this as a marker.

Anyone else heard of this before.

Wish me luck x

Last edited:
I don't know anything about it but just wanted to say I hope everything goes ok for you this morning :hug: x

I've never heard of it I'm afraid... but really hope today goes well for you..

Oh no, :hugs: hope everything is ok really, sorry dont have any info just wanted to send you a hug :hugs: xxx

I don't know anything about it ether but just wanted to wish you lots of luck today xxxx

Hi I had the CVS test. If you want to talk about it feel free to PM me. It's the most heartbreaking thing ever when they give you horrible news like this at the end of your scan after looking forward to it and enjoying the experiance! It's not all bad my LO is healthy and little kicker! They only want to test further just incase!

Last edited:
a friend of mine had a little boy with this condition, he had an operation when was born and is absoloutley normal nd healthy now :)) good luck hun xx

Just wondering if your ok and well hun - been thinking about you

Dont know anything about it im afraid but hope your doin ok hun and get some positive information from the consultant XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back