• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

12 wk scan at 3pm - so nervous I could cry.

K80

Reaction score
I'm soooo nervous about my scan today. I think I will be in tears before even going into the room. Do I need to have a really full bladder? Will they take blood today? How long does it last?
I am just praying everything is alright.

Don't worry, it's normal to feel anxious. I haven't slept properly at all, and I've got another day til my scan. i'm shattered from worrying lol

With my first the scan took about 30-40 mins, they have to take measurements etc which can either be quick or slow depending how active baby is.

I never had bloods taken at hospital, only ever my a community midwife at booking in, and bit late on in pregnancy.

Yes, you need to have a full bladder, sometimes it's too full though and they get you to pee... which is heaven lol

Good luck hun, will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing pictures xx

I had my bloods done at the scan cos I have weak veins and mw wanted them all done at once to save me the pain.

The machines at our hospital (St Peters Chertsey) are super super new and you have to have a completely empty bladder....the little dribble going over the speed bumps wasn't necessary lmao. In the letter they sent you they should tell you whether or not you have to have a full bladder

The best of luck hunny and I guarantee that you will cry through the whole thing seeing your baby bouncing around and happy in there xxxxxxx

Good luck hun, I'm sure all will be fine and try to enjoy it once you're there. On my letter it says just don't have an empty bladder. Mines not until 21st Dec and although I'm excited I'm also so scared, which I think is natural. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics hun :) xx

Good luck K80, just sit back and enjoy looking at your little baby xx

Good luck!! I can only imagine how sick with nerves you are..I am already and still have 4 weeks until my scan!! You'll be fine :) xx

Good luck! Hope it goes well. Mine's not til next Monday and I am so impatient! Tell us how it goes as soon as you can. x

The machines at our hospital (St Peters Chertsey) are super super new and you have to have a completely empty bladder....the little dribble going over the speed bumps wasn't necessary lmao. In the letter they sent you they should tell you whether or not you have to have a full bladder

I wish they had these at my hospital, it's excruitiating have a full bladder lol xxx

Hope all went well hun, can't wait to see pics!! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It went fantastically! I was too gobsmacked to cry!! Just lay with my mouth hanging open, couldn't believe that the wee wriggling baby was actually in my tummy!! It was kicking and stretching don't think it liked being poked at!!! All looked well. Had a bottle of water just before going in. Got bloods taken too. Whilst on phone to my granny afterwards hospital phone with date of next scan - 17th January - it'll be here in no time!
Thank you for your support while I had my mini meltdown this afternoon! All calm now until I start worrying about downs results!! I'll enjoy the feeling tonight while it lasts! Xxx

I'm really pleased it went well. It's such a weird feeling, seeing your baby wriggling about but not being able to feel a thing!

Am so pleased it went well hun, did you get pics? xxx

omg i was exactly the same as you this time last week and now i cant stop staring at the photos i got given... its so hard to believe that little person is in you, look forward to the next scan i cant wait for mine, your lucky u even got a date x

Oh, that's great news. So pleased for you! x

So glad it went well :yay:

Have mine this afternoon and I feel sick with nerves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back