12 week scans this week? *update with scan pic pg1*

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone else have their 12 week scan this week? Thought we could post our scan pictures here.

1)Are you nervous? 2)How much water are you going to drink? 3)Are you telling people straight after or have you told everyone already? 4) What day are you having yours and at what time?

My answers to those questions are:

1) Yes, I am terrified that there won't be a heartbeat. I had an early scan at 7 weeks and everything was fine but I know that doesn't guarantee everything will be ok at 12 weeks. I can't find any info about how likely it is that at 12 weeks they'd find a missed miscarriage.

2) I am going to drink 1 litre of water before I leave the house and then take another 1l bottle with me to keep topping up.

3) We've told close family and best friends but can't wait to let the rest of the world know!

4) Wednesday at 10am

Last edited:
good luck for your scan im stil waiting for my date but will be in 2 weeks approx

im nervous about it for same reasons as yourself iv already tld everyone as to drinking midwife told me a pint -should be enough as there alot of delays in the dept and im not known for a strong bladder lol

the best of luck and i hope all goes well look forward to seeing your pic xx

try not to worry you little self 2 much im sure everything is fine but i was the same didnt stop looking online trying to find info. I did find one site that send 2% of ppl get told at there 12wk scan that there is no heartbeat and as you have already seen yours once i sure the odd's will be lower. I told the scan lady as we walked in the room how scared i was a she told me in seconds there was a heartbeat before she started doing what she needed to do as sometime they take a look for 5mins before they say a word so just ask. Sure all will be fine and cant wait to see your pic's xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys - am so excited and so nervous at the same time. I think it's just as it's my first. X

it is nerve wracking - I was so nervous I couldn't look at the screen until she said and there's the heartbeat. Even though I had had two early scans, getting over that 12 week date was a real mile stone. You will be fine and you will love it. I didn't want mine to end, was really disappointed when she said 'That's it' and we had to leave. Oh, and I had to wait 45 mins for the scan cos they were running late so don't be bursting for the loo when you arrive - I was bursting and had to go and then top up afterwards!

Good luck to you and everyone else having scans this week.

dont be tempted to drink too much! I did and all they could see was my bladder! :lol: And once it's full and they send you to empty it, it's difficult to only empty half!!

i was going to say the same about not drinking too much!!
all the best lovely look forward to seeing your pictures x

all the best for tomz xx hope you manage to sleep tonight xx look forwrd too seeing pictures xx

Thanks hon. Am just so nervous that something will be wrong but have made a mental pact with myself that if all is ok then no more worrying after that- just enjoy the rest.

Last edited:
its hard not to lovely but you have made it too the 12 week milestone so enjoy it lovely xx

Good lu;ck ladies and huge congratulations on reaching / nearly reaching your 12 week milestones ...
Oooh lots of babys on the way.......

Hi there,

Am back from the scan!

Baby was wriggling around all over the place and it was amazing to see. Heartbeat was 170bpm and length was 48mm which all sounds fab to me but they want us to come back next week because they think the baby is a few days younger than my dates suggest.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just give us a new due date but I think because it is part of a research project they want us back when the baby is over a certain length to do all the Downs tests. I am a bit put out because they suggested that perhaps the baby is not growing properly when I tried to tell them that when I went for my early scan the dates were 3 days out.

Anyway- here is a pic of our little one!

Attachments

• scan12weeks.jpg
    scan12weeks.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 28
great pic annie, don't worry about the date thing, i was put back a couple of days at each scan i had! at least you get to see it again really soon.

i had at early scan with my little girl at 7 wk they change my dates by a few days then at my 12wk scan they changed them again so think all is fine. Just had a look in my blue file they said i was 12wks one day at my scan this time and baby was 58mm dunno if that help or not xxxxx
ps brill scan pics xxxx

what a lovely pic glad all was good and with my girl my dates were changed 4 times im sure they get it wrong half the time!

glad all went well what a cute picture!! dont worry about dates lovely xx

Lovely pic!! And like everyone else, I'd say don't worry too much about the odd day in dates - mine changed a couple of times with Harrison xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back