12 Week Scan

princeofwales

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a little freaked out to tell you the truth. My partner and I are expecting our 1st baby, 2 weeks ago was the 12 week scan. Besides not being able to measure the baby properly as it was in a very awkward position, it wasn't until we came home and was asked by my mother "how was the heartbeat?", that we both looked at eachother and thought "oh, that was not even discussed at all!".

Is this normal?? I've asked loads of women that have had kids and not 1 could answer my question, they've all said that they can't remember!

Is the heartbeat something that is checked at a later scan????

Any information would be fantastic as I can't seem to find this out online either.

Many thanks x

Don't worry they sonographer would have told if there was something wrong with the heartbeat. Its one of the first things they check

I think they usually just check that there is a heartbeat at 12 week scan, and you'd definitely have been told if there wasn't.

I agree, just down to the sonographer not saying out loud where the heartbeat was. They definitely checked it :) If you look in your notes there should be a sheet taped in from your scan, they would have written notes on there along the lines of "one viable pregnancy seen"- they may have commented on heartbeat there xx

Maybe she/he just forgot. My gynaecologist forgot to put the sound on, we didn't hear the heartbeat and at that moment I totally forgot since I was overwhelmed by emotions. When people asked about the heartbeat, we were clueless!:lol: I recently had another scan and there we asked! So don't worry too much. Like the others said, if it would have a problem if they did say something about it! Good luck!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back