Left or right lying baby, (on scan) at 12 weeks

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
So my friend tells me her friend thinks I'm having another boy as my 12 week scan the baby was facing left.

Just wondered if there was any truth in this as my pervious pregnancy was a boy and his 12 week scan he was facing the same way. x

At my 12 week scan samuel was facing right!But would be interesting to see if it lies true for you huni xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

How do you know which way baby is facing? Do you mean as you look out or into your tummy? I'm confused! My baby is lying on my right hand side and we have been told it's a girl... So does that fit? X

At my 12 week scan Bertie was facing left.....at the 16 week scan we just got his arse lol which was great for gender :D. He moved eventually though xxxxxxxx

Well these are my scans,

Leos - 12 weeks.jpg

New babys - scan0001.jpg

As you can see they are laying the side side and facing the same way :S x

Crikey either way they look very similar already

I know :S I even got my mum to compare, I'm thinking I'm carrying another little boy. Bit gutted as would have loved a little girl but I guess I will found out in feburary x

Does your mum have a scan photo of you to compare it to? My sister and her youngest boy are the spitting image of each other. In their baby photo's she looks like Theo in drag lmao

no she never got scan photos as far as I know. :S Even my partners mum doesn't have scan photos either did they do them over 20 years + years ago x

Dunno tbh, I know they didn't when my mum was pregnant. Surprised they had tv tbh lol

The sonographer who did my scan said they can see both sides of the baby depending on how they position the probe, not sure how it works. I have pics of baby from both sides though from the same scan!

Wow misscrazycooki ur scans look so similar :) Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324067815.963289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324067815.963289.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324067823.626198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324067823.626198.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks ladies, didn;t think much of it really. As its just a side lol, Hope everyone has a lovley christmas x snow still stuck here so taking out my all terrain pram x the buggy was shite in it yesterday x

Last edited:
Be careful in the snow sweetie and let someone know where you are going/how long you'll be xxxxxxxx

Mine was doing a headstand lol, but the way the probe was positioned his piccy looks like he,a lying to the right.

Mason was facing left and he was born back to back. Owen was facing right and was born normally. Don,t know if that matters.

Last edited:
At my 12 week scan baby was facing left on my 20 week scan he had moved and was facing right lol :p xx

Well at my 12 week scan baby was facing left then half hour later was facing the other way, so must not make a difference! Baby completely turned during scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back